• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weight Loss thread 2012

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
This is not the Hasselhoss weightloss thread. This is a place to post your goals and progress. No shame, no pride. Post it up.

I'll admit I have gotten lax in my workouts over the summer and my beltline supports that theory.

I am going to track my progress here and set some goals. If you feel so inclined do the same.

Need an accountability partner to keep you on track? I've got your back if you've got mine.
The more the merrier so swallow your pride and put it on [virtual] paper.

I'll start.

6'2" 225lbs this morning
My ideal weight is #205 +/- 5

Goal: 200 by November 1

Workouts:
Cardio 4 days per week
Resistance 3 days per week

• I am cutting out alcohol (oh crap, did I just say that?)
  • Meals after 7:00pm
  • Deserts
  • Soft Drinks
  • hookers.

EDIT: If you are interested in running with "TEAM ODT" in the Mud Crusade on September 15 GO HERE.

Last edited:
Good for you. Remember the old French saying. "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."
:D

Find a local running group and join. Even if you aren't the fastest dude, if will help to keep you accountable...even if you walk.

Not sure how you feel about the low carb routine, but you can reach your goal relatively quickly. Oh, and the BEST part? You can still have alcohol - booze only. Bourbon and diet coke. Rum and diet dr. pepper, etc. First two weeks no alcohol but you can have after that.

And the added by-product of a low carb diet is that there are very few processed foods that are low in carbohydrates. Fresh is best.

Good luck!

I've totally changed my eating habits, just hang in there. Went from 205 to 190 so far cutting out all fast food and replacing with a whole grain/veg diet. It's amazing how much better I feel too.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do a "system cleanse" and see where that leads :)

I'm not a big fat guy or anything. I cycle and mountainbike 3 days a week, ski and swim at the lake on the weekends and run adventure races every few mos.

Hell I did a century 100 mile ride last month. I just need to stop eating and drinking like a college student. My biggest vices are beer and when/how much I eat.

Good luck with your weight loss. This might be one thing that rubbing bacon on it will not help.

i48.tinypic.com_2h6w1h4.jpg

It would be cool to find a half marathon coming up and get a group of ODT'ers to run it, maybe even wear ODT shirts. I found that when I had signed myself up for a triathlon I had a goal to achieve, weight loss was immaterial to me, it was all about achieving the goal of the race. In the end I lost 75lbs in one year, which was nice before I met all the loose women in college.

Back
Top Bottom