• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weight Loss thread 2012

Thanks for all the well-wishes. Now let's see some others commit and post a goal. I've seen the pics and videos from the ODT meets. There should be at least 20 people jumping in.

It would be cool to find a half marathon coming up and get a group of ODT'ers to run it, maybe even wear ODT shirts. I found that when I had signed myself up for a triathlon I had a goal to achieve, weight loss was immaterial to me, it was all about achieving the goal of the race. In the end I lost 75lbs in one year, which was nice before I met all the loose women in college.

There's an adventure/obstacle race @ AMS in September. I'll put a team together if anyone is interested. Let me get details and I'll start a separate thread in a few mins. If Steves cool with it, we'll do shirts.

07JKX

Use to Be: 170
Presently: 158
Goal: 165

Back in February I contracted the worst Flu sickness I have ever had. Although I didnt yack attack, I had no appetite. It lasted about 9 days and within that time my weight dropped to 152lbs. I have been trying to get back up to a healthy weight again, but this time with less fat and more lean muscle.

#1 Weight loss tip from 07JKX... contact your buddy from the CDC and pick up an influenza variant!

Thanks for all the well-wishes. Now let's see some others commit and post a goal. I've seen the pics and videos from the ODT meets. There should be at least 20 people jumping in.

I'm about to go to law school which requires a lot of sitting and reading, but by November I'd like to lose 20lbs. I'll post weekly loss/gains here

I'm about to go to law school which requires a lot of sitting and reading, but by November I'd like to lose 20lbs. I'll post weekly loss/gains here

Yeah, I put on about 15lbs in grad school. I was going at night from 6:00pm until midnight 4 nights a week. About halfway through the program I realized it and started swimming an hour before class.

I'm taking some stuff to replace my lunch everyday, and have lost around 5 pounds. It's called Visalus and it's just a protein shake, but it actually taste good. Let me know if your interested and good luck!

Guys I need to loose weight BAD! I'm post spinal surgery x4 and have a lot of trouble doing normal exercises. Running is ok for a while but no more than a mile. Sit ups & push ups can be done, but no where near enough before the pain stops me. Swimming is great for me (with fins), but I don't have a pool and going to use one is usually a pain.
At home I have an elliptical and heavy bag with some hand weights.
Eating wise, that NEEDS to change! Too much dairy and beef as well as fast food x3/ week.
Currently I am 240lbs and stand about 5'10".
If I don't get a handle on this now, it will get worse. My usual weight before all this spinal crap was 205 (I'm built like a damn fire hydrant! So that's about as low as I think my body will let me go)
Glad you started this thread. Today is the day I start on something and ask you all for any advice on how I can circumvent my condition and get in better shape. Advice on menu planning would be a great help as well.
Hasselhoss, I'll post my progress (or lack of) to this thread. I'm off to see how many push ups and sit ups I can get done! Thanks for the motivation.

Guys I need to loose weight BAD! I'm post spinal surgery x4 and have a lot of trouble doing normal exercises. Running is ok for a while but no more than a mile. Sit ups & push ups can be done, but no where near enough before the pain stops me. Swimming is great for me (with fins), but I don't have a pool and going to use one is usually a pain.
Eating wise, that NEEDS to change! Too much dairy and beef as well as fast food x3/ week.
If I don't get a handle on this now, it will get worse. My usual weight before all this spinal crap was 205 (I'm built like a damn fire hydrant! So that's about as low as I think my body will let me go)
Glad you started this thread. Today is the day I start on something and ask you all for any advice on how I can circumvent my condition and get in better shape. Advice on menu planning would be a great help as well.
Hasselhoss, I'll post my progress (or lack of) to this thread. I'm off to see how many push ups and sit ups I can get done! Thanks for the motivation.

Hey Fistfullofholla, I lost 85 lbs between July last year and Feb. this year.
I found the online weight watchers for men to be great for the diet, since it gave me a framework to work with instead of a specific "diet". It changed the way I eat, and I have kept the weight off, and continued to lose some even though I am going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week lifting heavy weights.
For the excercise part, I did the Power90 workout, which is the precursor to P90x. The best thing about it in relation to your description of your medical issues is that it is VERY easy to adapt to almost any limitations.
When I started, I was 6'2, 295 lbs, and couldn't do a damn push up. Being a veteran Marine, that was freakin unacceptable, but now a year later, I am in better shape then when I got out of the Corps 18 years ago!
Good Luck to all of you looking to lose weight. I am proof it can happen to the biggest of us...lol.

Well, as gross as it is go to the sore and buy a "body cleanse" kit. You'll crap seaweed for 3 days but lose 5-10lbs of undigested red meat and toxins in about 3 days. Then you'll have energy again.

Back
Top Bottom