• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want to know why intelligent CITIZENS dont like cops?

How would this "opt work" exactly?
Ok let's say I choose not to have police service and 'opt out'.
I then get in my car and drive like a bat out of hades through my neighborhood. Get pulled over. Do I simply say, "Sorry sucka'! I opted out! c-ya!"
Or do I get in a wreck, my car is on fire, I'm barely conscious, cop pulls up, runs the plate and says to his partner "Dang, he opted out. Oh well, got any marshmellows?"

How would this "opt work" exactly?
Ok let's say I choose not to have police service and 'opt out'.
I then get in my car and drive like a bat out of hades through my neighborhood. Get pulled over. Do I simply say, "Sorry sucka'! I opted out! c-ya!"
Or do I get in a wreck, my car is on fire, I'm barely conscious, cop pulls up, runs the plate and says to his partner "Dang, he opted out. Oh well, got any marshmellows?"

If you opt out you would not be above laws that protect people. It might slide that you would be above blue laws but thats another discussion. If you had opted out then they have no obligation to help. They might through decency but not something to rely on. But if this was an option than whithin weeks there would be private alternatives. You could pay a monthly fee to a PMC or security firm and they would be the ones you would call in a home invasion scenario or something like it. Likewise you would have private fire departments and a private firm would have the function of 911. The beauty is choice. Say in douglassville you would have three different services that fill the role of police officers. One would offer the highest quality service (better training, more stringent protocol, better equipment, faster response times and more dedication to the high end market) they might be severall hundred dollars a month (not reflectove of actually price just a guess) you would have a mid line group ( doesnt skimp on anything but also not the best service) for say a hundred and then a low budget ( little training low morale and crappy gear) for fifty bucks a month. You could choosd which service best suits you. And as a result of competition all three companies would have do there best to either offer a better service or offer it cheaper or both.

And THAT is where the house of cards crumbles. Because almost ALL laws are to 'protect the people'. Don't think so? Just ask the legislatures....
? I just said that you would be included in these laws.

- - - Updated - - -

You cant have be completely absolved of every evil. There is still justice.

? I just said that you would be included in these laws.

- - - Updated - - -

You cant have be completely absolved of every evil. There is still justice.
My point is, you'd still be subject to all laws (including blue laws etc...) whether you thought they were for protection or not.
The only thing you could realistically "opt out of" would be calls for assistance. Then your neighbor who did NOT opt out, calls because your house is getting broken into and she's worried they'll hit hers next. Anyway, I know it was just a hypothetical, but it's not feasible. Publicly funded LEOs have been here since this country was wet behind the ears, for a reason.

My point is, you'd still be subject to all laws (including blue laws etc...) whether you thought they were for protection or not.
The only thing you could realistically "opt out of" would be calls for assistance. Then your neighbor who did NOT opt out, calls because your house is getting broken into and she's worried they'll hit hers next. Anyway, I know it was just a hypothetical, but it's not feasible. Publicly funded LEOs have been here since this country was wet behind the ears, for a reason.
The whole point of the thing (In this scenario) would be to create competition so that police officers (and the private companies that compete with them) would be working for there share of the money spent. I just threw the sentence about the application of the law to people who have opted out to answer your question regarding if you would
be exempt from speeding. You would not. And if you opted out than the police would simply not dispatch when the neighbor calls. But on the other hand whichever group that you have contracted you defense out to could be reached in a manner similar to 911 today. Say if when you called 911 they would redirect you to whichever company that you have hired. And then they would make the trip instead of the police officers.

Not enough cop bashing going on here, lets get back on topic.

Attachments

• images_2.JPG
    images_2.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom