• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vht flame proof. (cerakote replacement)

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_13_jupu8e7a.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_13_yna3y3em.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_13_betypebe.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_13_zaqaneby.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_13_ryqa4ynu.jpg

Here is the marlin. The last picture is as close as I can get and the camera stay focused. I did this to give you an idea of what it looks like. Some one asked if it was a matte or gloss. I believe you can get both. The one I used is a matte.

Another fantastic result!! I think you can get a gloss sealer / topcoat.

My next project is going to be this Nasty model 60 marlin I picked up. My dad did a para he had with this same stuff. He said you couldn't scratch it with a nail after it was cured. Only time will tell. But if it holds up I got some great ideas to use this stuff on lol

I used to spray this on factory manifolds when building classic muscle cars to show condition. The more you heat cure the paint the better it works and it holds up really well. I never thought about using this on a gun so thanks for the tip. By the way your work looks fantastic. What grit sand paper did you use to prep it?

Fully assembled and ready for action. I can tell you this stuff is tough I had to sand some of the over spray off off the slide release and it wasn't coming off thankfully enough came off in a spot that I didn't prep because it's inside that it went back together. I only applied three coats except the slide it got four coats. In the spots that were prepared properly it won't come off with 230 grit sand paper I'd say that's pretty damn tough.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_y8uvu6ud.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_etabyveq.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_28_u5ete4ez.jpg

Got my attention. Now, run 1k rounds through it and lets see how the frame hold up where the slide is going to rub.
Also im not sure what a 500 cure temp would do to a kahr or glock or other poly frame.
The gun look great and am also curious since its extremely cheap.

I used to spray this on factory manifolds when building classic muscle cars to show condition. The more you heat cure the paint the better it works and it holds up really well. I never thought about using this on a gun so thanks for the tip. By the way your work looks fantastic. What grit sand paper did you use to prep it?

400 grit

Back
Top Bottom