• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran's Groups: Sound off Boot!

Yes, I usually respond with something like that. If they question me, I politely ask them to name a war since WWII in which the average American benefited, i.e. outside the banking military industrial oligarchy or one of it's contractors employed to produce war materials.
Besides this fact, young men bent on warrioring, will find a way to war...which is what we "all-volunteer" Amphibious Reconnaissance long for.

I can tell you, personally, I did benefit from combat and the war in Iraq. I won't get into what I experienced, I mean it this way, "it don't mean nothin'" as the Vietnam vets say. I came out of that war promoted meritoriously as a result of combat, I was decorated, and I was suddenly elevated. Mind, for those reading, I was not looking for these things. I was just doing my best to not F'it all up...at all costs.

My platoon Sgt MstSgt D. Lind (Ret) lost both his legs. I saved his life. He is not the only one, but he is my example here. He has benefited from losing his legs. I am sure beyond a shadow that he would rather have those appendages back, but he has experienced many wonderful things as a result. He has thrown out a pitch at an MLB baseball game. He has met every US President since GWB. He has gone to Superbowls and sat as a guest at the 50-yard line? Most importantly, I almost forgot, he fathered a child after the loss of both legs. He has done much and much more in the name of philanthropy (Black Rifle Coffee, Semper Fi Fund, Marine Reconnaissance Foundation).

I have done none of those things, but my brother has. I benefit from that. I know what you mean though, I think. No, I did not get Alexander's or the Viking's spoils of war. I did not gain wealth from the campaigns. But for, I did earn experience.

I usually respond with it was an honor to serve my country. Another one is “I did it for you”.

Only ONE percent voluntarily serve their nation. We are the original “one percenters”….

US Navy 96-01
USAF 05-11
Absolutely! I was saying this same exact thing to some prior service folks the other day. It is a pleasure, sir!

I enlisted in the USA as an Infantryman, 1995 and Retired in 2017.

Duty stations include:
2ID LRSD Korea
10th MTN Div, NY
25th ID, HI
10th MTN Div, NY
FBGA, TRADOC
2ID, JSA/ Camp B
FBGA, TRADOC- Retired

During this time I was able to volunteer to get some really cool schools and be OPCON to some pretty cool units during the early parts of the war...

Anyways brother, if you need anything, feel free to reach out! I live in Ellerslie Ga, 35 miles north of Fort Benning.

My name is Chris
My number is (706) 580-3982
Shoot me a text so I have your name attached to a number in my phone so I pick up if you text or call.

Note: I don’t answer anything if the number used is not in my phone with a name and is immediately blocked.

Respectfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll PM my number to you. Thank you!

I thought I might want to join the VFW when I moved to this area. A guy I worked with who's around 50ish said he was by far the youngest member there. I got the impression from him it was more geared toward the Vietnam era guys exclusively, that chapter at least.

Everybody I've been friends with since moving here is a transplant with military experience. Most the real locals I've encountered around here were not in the military and are not very receptive to outsiders. Talking about where I live, not this website. It's an odd dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom