• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran's Groups: Sound off Boot!

Tripple

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
There is not one? I did a search. I admit that I am probably mistaken. I found not a single forum post on veteran's groups. Mayhap, it is because there are so many patriots who served in the armed forces, from Georgia, and it is like, meh. I don't think so.

I'll start. I enlisted in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman (pecker checker). I volunteered for Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman. I served with the Marines (my entire career) 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Force Reconnaissance Company, and Marine Raiders, all on the West Coast, MCB Camp Pendleton. I served from 1995-2009.

I currently live in South West Georgia. Here, then and now, I felt there was a disdain for those of us who chose to join the ranks. There is the obligatory, "thank you for your service". I say, reply; "thank you for your support", and I mean it.

Are there brothers and sisters who get together every once and a while and raise hell, just as we used to at the barracks? I'm not looking for a charity organization. I'm good. I'm looking for warriors who served. The VFW and the others are all good, but I'm not feeling those just yet. I like the idea of cheap beer, but I don't care about fundraising or the next pot-luck.

I'm just a normal guy now. I do normal stuff, mow the grass and crap. I'm looking to introduce myself to the vets, say hello, and see who is out there.

Swift Silent Deadly

There is not one? I did a search. I admit that I am probably mistaken. I found not a single forum post on veteran's groups. Mayhap, it is because there are so many patriots who served in the armed forces, from Georgia, and it is like, meh. I don't think so.

I'll start. I enlisted in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman (pecker checker). I volunteered for Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman. I served with the Marines (my entire career) 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Force Reconnaissance Company, and Marine Raiders, all on the West Coast, MCB Camp Pendleton. I served from 1995-2009.

I currently live in South West Georgia. Here, then and now, I felt there was a disdain for those of us who chose to join the ranks. There is the obligatory, "thank you for your service". I say, reply; "thank you for your support", and I mean it.

Are there brothers and sisters who get together every once and a while and raise hell, just as we used to at the barracks? I'm not looking for a charity organization. I'm good. I'm looking for warriors who served. The VFW and the others are all good, but I'm not feeling those just yet. I like the idea of cheap beer, but I don't care about fundraising or the next pot-luck.

I'm just a normal guy now. I do normal stuff, mow the grass and crap. I'm looking to introduce myself to the vets, say hello, and see who is out there.

Swift Silent Deadly
When hit with the obligatory, "thank you for your service", perhaps you should ask in return, "In whose interest did I actually serve".

When hit with the obligatory, "thank you for your service", perhaps you should ask in return, "In whose interest did I actually serve".
Hey Sir! Thank you for your service! Jokes aside, is that a response you have given? How was it taken? I like it; by the way. I might say that to the next preacher who says that to me. I would not mind seeing them squirm a bit.

Swift Silent Deadly

I enlisted in the USA as an Infantryman, 1995 and Retired in 2017.

Duty stations include:
2ID LRSD Korea
10th MTN Div, NY
25th ID, HI
10th MTN Div, NY
FBGA, TRADOC
2ID, JSA/ Camp B
FBGA, TRADOC- Retired

During this time I was able to volunteer to get some really cool schools and be OPCON to some pretty cool units during the early parts of the war...

Anyways brother, if you need anything, feel free to reach out! I live in Ellerslie Ga, 35 miles north of Fort Benning.

My name is Chris
My number is (706) 580-3982
Shoot me a text so I have your name attached to a number in my phone so I pick up if you text or call.

Note: I don’t answer anything if the number used is not in my phone with a name and is immediately blocked.

Respectfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Sir! Thank you for your service! Jokes aside, is that a response you have given? How was it taken? I like it; by the way. I might say that to the next preacher who says that to me. I would not mind seeing them squirm a bit.
Yes, I usually respond with something like that. If they question me, I politely ask them to name a war since WWII in which the average American benefited, i.e. outside the banking military industrial oligarchy or one of it's contractors employed to produce war materials.

Back
Top Bottom