• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran's Groups: Sound off Boot!

USAF 1970 - 1992
Joined in March of 70 just one step ahead of the Army and the Draft. They had draft lottery in December 1969 and I drew a very low number.
Went in with guaranteed electronics job. Three weeks into basic they said I had marked the wrong job on my paperwork and I was going to be a Morse Intercept Operator.
Tech school at Keesler AFB, Mississippi.
Stationed: Elmendory AFB, Alaska
Clark Air Base, Philippines
RAF Chicksands, UK
NSA/Fort Meade, Maryland
Iraklion Air Station, Crete
HQ ESC, San Antonio, Texas
Misawa Air Base, Japan
and home, retired MSgt (E7) and still copy Morse Code with the best of them.

Check with your local Marine Corps League - usually some Vietnam and quite a few modern vets with them. You will find a couple like minded individuals.

Once you have had it for 20 years it’s yours
You may be right. I was recently informed after 10 years there is no decrease in compensation. However, this is easy to rectify, if there is a decrease.

The VA is not very good at meeting their own timelines, following their own policies, or follow-through. A layperson would have a hard time navigating the system (similar to fighting the IRS), but an advocate can and will help if the right one is chosen. I assure everyone this is the case. The VA is very incompetent and any and all reductions in compensations, benefits should be challenged. Any doctor who is licensed to practice will carry the same and equal weight as that of a VA physician. The VA has to take the recommendations of those doctors.

The more one knows...

Back
Top Bottom