• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*Updated* Aero Precision Record Profits

Could be worse.

They could be handing out pink slips.

I've always thought of a bonus as just that. Something unexpected. You start including a bonus into your budget and you're going to be disappointed. Learned the hard way.

And if it is publicly traded you OWE a return to your shareholders. That's why they invest in your company in the first place. To make money. Period.

Just looked it up. They aren't publicly traded according to googles. Private company. How does anyone know if they made record profits it it's a private company? Probably Joe on the barrel threading machine. He knows someone in accounting who told him, so ya know it's legit.

Everyone has known a Joe in their lifetime experience. Ol' bitter Joe. Always depending on someone else to make his life better.

I read it on /reddit so it must be true...

Plenty of reasons to give and hold back a bonus. And yeah, I’ve been there in the sense that I’ve debated for my teams and my bonuses and the results varied. In the end they are almost always discretionary but I’ve never turned down the final offer. Not sure I agree with the people that would rather have nothing versus something.

Free market, the poster can find a new job and leave but as noted in the thread we don’t know the facts so bashing a company based on the reddit post just doesn’t make sense to me.

I worked for a company that instead of a gift/bonus one year they "made a charitable donation in our names"
I asked when I could expect an amount donated in my name on company letterhead for the tax write off.
Never got an answer.

Pretty slick way for them to get a huge tax write off while snubbing their employees. This company was extremely profitable and us as employees got them there.

I worked for a company that instead of a gift/bonus one year they "made a charitable donation in our names"
I asked when I could expect an amount donated in my name on company letterhead for the tax write off.
Never got an answer.

Pretty slick way for them to get a huge tax write off while snubbing their employees. This company was extremely profitable and us as employees got them there.
Ahh. So the company sent a email stating "In lieu of bonus this year, we are making a charitable contribution to xyz in your name." Or, did some low-level employees simply feel that they had a say in how the company spent their money and that it could have been used for bonuses instead?

I sent this to a friend who is close with a guy working with Aero to build a bolt gun. I like Aero. Hopefully, the rest of the story will come out.
It’s kinda sad that we read a Reddit article and call to boycott the company. How 2022 of you.

Do many companies offer a Christmas or holiday bonus anyway?

my company does not and has not in my 24 years.

we did get a Butterball gift check before Thanksgiving everyone git the same $

I for one appreciate anything particularly when nothing is an obligation.

Slightly off topic a bit but got into an argument , well too strong of a word , with a neighbor yesterday.

He is 80 , retired as a Delta pilot 25 years ago at age f course 55.

I said do you think that it’s sustainable for pilots to cont to make the money that they do with benefits and work as little as they do?
im talking senior pilots at the majors.

He became rather ugly with me . his wife said if you wanted to make more $ you should have became a pilot.

i said well my point is the time worked versus income. Delta is making a lot now but… before I could finish he said they have always made a lot of $$

case closed clueless

Back
Top Bottom