• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Ammo Shortage

I don't take much stock in things I hear on you-tube. Anyone can make a video, doesn't mean they have a clue what they are talking about. That is my take on it. The US government for the most part gets their ammo from Lake City Arsenal. Anything NATO at least. The rest of it is pretty much left for everyone else.
its noy just looming war but the fact the chemicals used to make gunpowder are mostly made OCONUS. Lead isnt refined here from what i remember

There will be future shortages of ammo, there will be another financial crash, there will be higher taxes, you will keep getting screwed by the government, there will be more wars, there will be a run on firearms, there will be............Life repeats itself....stay prepared best you can.
Yep. The only that devalues it seems is life.

I will concede the current shortage has ended when I can purchase a case of 5000 of Winchester 209 or Remington 209 primers at a big box store or from one of the larger on-line vendors. :p

Primers seem to be to this shortage what 22LR was to the post-Sandy Hook one. Centerfire stuff was back available at reasonable prices pretty quickly (that following Summer if I remember) but 22 took years to come back.

With 22 it was because it's a low-margin product and ammo companies were focusing on centerfire stuff. With primers it's that they need all they can make to load their own ammo, which has much better margins than selling primers alone.

Why is all the Russian ammo still available? I thought they shut Russia down?

From what I read there were some shipments in-transit, but once those are all received there won't be any more from Russia.

I got stocked back up but my problem is love to go to Wilson Shoals and shoot. I have set a limit when I get to that I go buy more. That limit is a lot higher than it used to be.

45mh9v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom