• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Ammo Shortage

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
Presently ammo is readily available at "reasonable" prices considering the run-away inflation.
There is a YouTuber - God Family and Guns - who thinks that an ammo shortage is in the near future.
His reasoning is that many NATO cartridges are being purchased by governments across the world.
And even though they are presently on the shelf they are being replenished at a very slow rate.
If there were suddenly a run-on ammo, those shelves would stay empty for a very long time.
And as manufacturers tried to fill those needs - 9mm, 5.56, and 7.62 - the other calibers would soon be in short supply from lack of restocking.

What is your take?

Presently ammo is readily available at "reasonable" prices considering the run-away inflation.
There is a YouTuber - God Family and Guns - who thinks that an ammo shortage is in the near future.
His reasoning is that many NATO cartridges are being purchased by governments across the world.
And even though they are presently on the shelf they are being replenished at a very slow rate.
If there were suddenly a run-on ammo, those shelves would stay empty for a very long time.
And as manufacturers tried to fill those needs - 9mm, 5.56, and 7.62 - the other calibers would soon be in short supply from lack of restocking.

What is your take?

It’s the circle of life.

I don't take much stock in things I hear on you-tube. Anyone can make a video, doesn't mean they have a clue what they are talking about. That is my take on it. The US government for the most part gets their ammo from Lake City Arsenal. Anything NATO at least. The rest of it is pretty much left for everyone else.

People need not get complacent. Buy it when you see it. There very well could come a day in the near future the Biden administration gets us into WW3 with boots on the ground and all public ammo sales are halted "for the greater good!" You would naïve to put anything past this administration. During trying time's "unprecedented measures" must be taken.

Each ammo run is different. After Sandy Hook it was 22. After BLM it was centerfire pistol and 55.6. Before Sandy Hook we have the Great 380 Shortage.

As for this YT theory, I'd say all the 'military' caliber manufacturers are running at full steam right now, and you can bet that demand is at a high point... Yet we still see 9mm and 55.6 available and the prices keep coming down.

I'm thinking at some point the Ukraine thing will settle one way or another and manufacturers will overshoot and glut the market like they did in 2016.

That's when I plan to go all-in to replace the stuff I bought during the 'Trump Slump'. Only problem with that would be if there's a blue wave in '24.

Back
Top Bottom