• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Unusual Cars you would like to own

A Curved dash Olds or a 1930's Railton, or a 1940's Hudson truck would be nice to have.
Countach is at the top of my list, but not unusual.

cdash.jpg

34-Railton-Berkeley-DV-10-MB_01.jpg

hudtruck.jpg

Last edited:
two things from your list
1..I always wanted to build a fairmont

2. stay away from any volvo with the old v6 they are junk.. I do like the bertone body we pulled the v6 out of one and put a chev v8 in it..

Yes, unfortunately Volvo let Peugeot sell them the engines for the Bertone coupes. The 242 GT is a better car overall but it don't have the cool chopped top look of the Bertone. I had a 79 242 GT back in 09 but I couldn't get it to run. Three very bad words involved BOSCH FUEL INJECTION. The old style injection it had was just like what used to be on VWs in the 80s and it's very sensitive to sitting with old gas in the system. If I had had the money I would've bought the kit to drop a 5.0 and T5 tranny in it. I love boxy two doors. That's why I have an 85 Trooper now. I would settle for the later 740 or 760 coupe. I just like the 240s better because of the manual windows and locks.

I never thought there would come a time when I couldn't find a Fairmont for cheap. But that time came about 5 years ago.

two things from your list
1..I always wanted to build a fairmont

2. stay away from any volvo with the old v6 they are junk.. I do like the bertone body we pulled the v6 out of one and put a chev v8 in it..

We definitely need to get together and talk. We have owned some of the same type vehicles and done some of the same modifications. A few years ago I fabricated some engine and tranny mounts so my buddy and i could put a dodge slant 6 in a '83 Volvo 240. It was cool! It had crazy torque but it had such a low gear it would top out at about 65 or 70mph.

We definitely need to get together and talk. We have owned some of the same type vehicles and done some of the same modifications. A few years ago I fabricated some engine and tranny mounts so my buddy and i could put a dodge slant 6 in a '83 Volvo 240. It was cool! It had crazy torque but it had such a low gear it would top out at about 65 or 70mph.
well if a few folks would get their crap together "we" will get together soon..lol

Back
Top Bottom