Underage gun sales

Kasey Allen

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
42   0
Reaction score
So, I was contacted last night about a Glock I have up listed for sale. The guy wanted to know if I would privately sell to him being 19. I reported it to the admins and they said that private sells are fine in the state of Georgia even at 18 in Georgia for a hand gun? Is that right? Idk, about private sells but I was under the impression regardless of age you had to be 21 to buy a handgun. Can anyone confirm or clarify that?

So, I was contacted last night about a Glock I have up listed for sale. The guy wanted to know if I would privately sell to him being 19. I reported it to the admins and they said that private sells are fine in the state of Georgia even at 18 in Georgia for a hand gun? Is that right? Idk, about private sells but I was under the impression regardless of age you had to be 21 to buy a handgun. Can anyone confirm or clarify that?
Georgia prohibits the possession or control of a handgun by any person under age 18.

I would prefer 21 on ODT. I do not feel good about any younger for a private sale

My son is 20....he can legally purchase a handgun from a private owner but cannot go to say Cabela's and purchase from a FFL. I know it's crazy with Ga. gun laws. He's a smart young man and hasn't put this to the test. Anytime he wants to shoot a handgun, he is with me.

Yeah I don’t mean to be “that guy” but I guess I have always abided by the 18 for rifle and shotgun and 21 for handgun rule. That’s just how I grew up. Now I did grow up shooting my dad’s handguns but who didn’t right? It just bothered me and I didn’t feel comfortable. I know we all do some shady stuff here and I’m guilty to! Lol

Back
Top Bottom