• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trouble at the club

palmettomoon palmettomoon

I’m going to pretend your experience was the inspiration for Road House.
Now that's funny for real. There was a honky-tonk down in Clinton, SC and the owner came up to Greenville to ask if I'd put together a "security team" to work in his club and manage them. LOL! It was too close to the hokey movie for me so I declined.

Reactions: GFB
Macongo is having a big brewhaha over the suspension of a liquor license at the Thirsty Turtle after multiple shootings this year. As you might imagine, thugvish behavior and shootings should be somewhat expected when your adverts look like this:
FB_IMG_1634167196328.jpg

Macongo is having a big brewhaha over the suspension of a liquor license at the Thirsty Turtle after multiple shootings this year. As you might imagine, thugvish behavior and shootings should be somewhat expected when your adverts look like this:
View attachment 3587932
You mean, **** it UP Friday is cancelled? :(

But for real, they absolutely catered to the violent thug community of Macongo, I'm glad to see them go.

Now that's funny for real. There was a honky-tonk down in Clinton, SC and the owner came up to Greenville to ask if I'd put together a "security team" to work in his club and manage them. LOL! It was too close to the hokey movie for me so I declined.
I went to college in Clinton in the late -70s and early '80s. The honky-tonk you refer to was the Hounds Tooth lounge. I remember going there ONCE. After that, we just drove to Columbia if we wanted to go to a club.

When I first read the above, I was thinking Clinton, NC, which is in a dry county. That sounded super shady until I looked at it a second time. Road House is one of my all-time favorite bad movies. I love the idea there were these famous bouncers making crazy money cleaning up honky-tonks around the country.

When I first read the above, I was thinking Clinton, NC, which is in a dry county. That sounded super shady until I looked at it a second time. Road House is one of my all-time favorite bad movies. I love the idea there were these famous bouncers making crazy money cleaning up honky-tonks around the country.
Not in GA or SC, LOL. I used to get $15/hr cash (had to sign a chit at the end of the night) at the private clubs (open after hours if you were a member) and I think $10 or $11 at the corp owned nightclubs. Made way more money taking "tips" to allow folks in without waiting in line than I ever did bartending or from my regular pay.

This was in '87 - '91. Got tired of getting called as witness in civil cases between owners suing each other. Plus, catching your boss stealing from himself and his partners is not a good place to be.

• Wow
Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom