• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traditional Archers and Bowhunters

There are good stores in/around ATL but I've not seen much "good" equipment unless you are just looking to tinker. Also anytime I've ever talked to a person at a bow shop I've never had a very knowledgable trad person available.
Check out the trad sites for good reviews and info on gear and shooting.

Warning. It's very addictive.

I have been a Traditional shooter and hunter all my life except for a year or two in the early 1980's when I tried a compound.

I like HH Longbows too. I have a Cheetah and a Big Five. I shoot some recurves and have a Zipper and a Bear Kodiak Magnum. I recently bought R/D longbow to try and it shoots very well too.
There is very little in the way of Traditional Archery shops except for Big Jim's in Albany and he has everything.
If you are looking to get into trad there are some big traditional only shoots coming up in February and March. Most everyone there will let you shoot their bow or even bring you one to shoot.
North Georgia Traditional Archery has a 3D shoot first Sunday of every month in Gainesville if you are in the area.
Big traditional following on the GON site in Traditional Archery section. Come check it out.

I shoot both modern compound and traditional. I guess I need to pick a discipline and stick with it. Juggling the two can be difficult at times. Just can't seem to give up my wheelie bows.

Back
Top Bottom