benmmc

Space Force Icon Lifetime Supporter
Certified Hengineer
Staff member
CTO ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
103   0
Reaction score
Any trad archers/bowhunters out there?

I just received my new Howard Hill. So sweeeet! My first 3 shots at 20 yards.

i44.tinypic.com_jpzbbo.jpg

I hunt 90% of the time with my longbow from Renegade Archery in TX. Got it handmade and custom wood selections by the bowyer. It shoots like a dream and does a fine job killing deer and coyotes.
I get my arrows from All-Wood Arrows in TN. He does a great job and will build to suit as well. I mount my own broadheads.
img.tapatalk.com_4b9028de_2cd0_04b6.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_4b9028de_2cdf_158c.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the ODT, Trout Slayer! That bow looks very nice. Love the bloody arrow pic. Those Eskimos have put down many, many animals. I make my arrows from shafts I buy from random shops online. Here's the latest batch I made.

http://instagr.am/p/KgsyVHjDAE/

I also shoot my compound without sights/stabilizer/etc and I use fingers. That's a lot of fun. You fly fish? My brother is a guide on the Hooch.

Thanks Ben. I like those arrows too. I wish I had the time to make my arrows but finding time just to mount the heads is hard enough between work and fishing.
Trad archery has really made an impact in my hunting. I find it so rewarding and so much more fun...although I don't mind slinging lead too!!
I guess I'm a traditionalist all around with hunting and with fishing. I prefer to make as much of my own equipment as possible and if I can't or don't make it I like for it to be handmade and as local as possible. I'm not 100% stuck to that but you know what I mean.

Yes I fly fish. I too am a guide and competitive fly fisher. I guide all over the south east. What's your brother's name? My real name is Marc Thompson.

Id like to get into it. I shoot compound right now.

The guy that made my bow, David Neidigh owner and bowyer of www.renegadearchery.com, makes a killer custom bow at what I feel is a great price for custom handmade stuff. I highly recommend him. You can chose everything from handle style, types of wood, poundage, draw, tillering, etc for your own bow. Check him out.
Getting into trad archery will change the way you hunt for the better and make you more accurate with other aspects too.
Good luck and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask me...not that I have all the answers but a little experience and a TON of research has helped me teach a few other folks how to shoot pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom