• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traditional Archers and Bowhunters

Longbow hunting only for me for the last 7 years....I go by the same name on all of the Trad hunting forums..here is the bow I made about 4 years ago and has been my weapon of choice.

i113.photobucket.com_albums_n217_reviveourhomes_Bows_Picture.jpg

i113.photobucket.com_albums_n217_reviveourhomes_Bows_Dscn2497.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a samick sage recurve and had it set up at the army navy store in stockbridge. Really loving it so far, just need a lot more practice! It is my first venture into the bow world and all those with pulleys and such just didn't appeal to me. Hoping to be confident to do some hunting with it this year!

Awesome, did you deal with Matt or Daniel? They're both cool dudes. My brother is good friends with all those guys there. I know them too, and I've shot a couple of 3d shoots with them. Good people, that's for sure.

Howard Hill wrote a book called Hunting the Hard Way, and I recommend reading it (along with others, of course). He pioneered what he called split-vision, or secondary-aiming. I've been practicing that for a while, and in my opinion, it is a beautiful blend of gap and instinctive. You basically aim your arrow using peripheral vision, but it's much more refined than that. It's chapter five of that book. To me, gap seems to me a little too close to using sights, and purely instinctive is hard to correct for when you're off. But there are those who practice each style with stellar results.

How many of you have shot a Rumplestiltskin through the eye at 25 yards?

I think that only two people in the world have accomplished that feat. It would be bootgun and benmmc. :D But, I think it was through his forehead, not his eye...

Trout slayer: i to just got a hold of my first recurve. i am in villa rica and would love to get a bunch of the ODT'ers together for a trad shoot or just bows in general. that would be really fun. maybe after season is over with.

I'm hoping to get into traditional archery soon, I love guns but can't shoot them in the woods in my backyard because of neighbors, I think this will be fun hobby I can do in my backyard.

Are there any good stores in the ATL area with traditional archery equipment? I would like to see some of it in person before I start buying.

Thanks!

-Kurt

Back
Top Bottom