• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

They lack common sense and know nothing about the natural resources they’re sworn to protect. All they know is law. Basically a cop in green jeans.
I've always had fair dealings with them. One actually snuck up on me and 2 friends (that were new to trout fishing) I said "man you sure are stealthy" Im sure he crawled as we did to get to a nice hole I know of. The girl had bought fishing lic but not trout stamp. He told her if she promised to get on line when a signal and buy them then she could keep on fishing. That was more than fair.

Several I graduated with from the wildlife program at ABAC went into LE. The ones I personally know are knowledgeable about the laws concerning game/fish. I reckon its the bad eggs that a person runs into...
Because I don't have high opinions of henry county police:grey:

never done much crappie fishing but would love to learn.(because i love to eat them) I mostly go for panfish /bass in our small farm pond or henry county reservoirs. my real love is little bitty trout every opportunity i get to N Ga.
Both Henry County reservoirs are loaded with crappie. Caught my biggest at Towaliga. 16” and 2.75 lbs

i guess i need something other than a flyrod and kayak... Bro in law has a nice riverhawk boat he said i could borrow or buy..My understanding you have to fish pretty deep?
It would help but there are some guys that do ok with kayaks. Need spinning outfit. As for depth, depends on time of year, temps and tine of day. Could get them pretty shallow right now. I can give you some tips if you like. Also, check out crappie.com. Very active and helpful. Been around 25 years.

I've always had fair dealings with them. One actually snuck up on me and 2 friends (that were new to trout fishing) I said "man you sure are stealthy" Im sure he crawled as we did to get to a nice hole I know of. The girl had bought fishing lic but not trout stamp. He told her if she promised to get on line when a signal and buy them then she could keep on fishing. That was more than fair.

Several I graduated with from the wildlife program at ABAC went into LE. The ones I personally know are knowledgeable about the laws concerning game/fish. I reckon its the bad eggs that a person runs into...
Because I don't have high opinions of henry county police:grey:
Well in your defense, it is Henry County…. I’ve just had too many GW interactions that turned me off. I got a warning ticket for over the limit on pintails which in reality were hen gadwall. 4 hunters tried to tell him and he just wouldn’t listen. I got a warning ticket for driving down a “closed road” with no sign. That guys excuse was, “well there’s supposed to be a sign.” I got a warning ticket for not immediately exiting my layout blind when asked to while a 50+ bird volley circled our dekes. I mean, who would ruin that? Especially being two of the layouts were kids. That dude ruined what could have been an epic experience for two kids just because he could. (Same guy that gave me the ticket for the “closed road.”). Got an open container for spitting Cope in a Miller Lite bottle. Judge threw that one out. Just not a fan. Pretty much avoid WMA’s because of them.

Few cats for the grease
Screenshot_20240406_182245_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom