• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The trend

I've offered tree fiddy a couple times
18793c6f135ba8187559dab835d6dcef.gif

So, The Trend... I realize that in a free market, you are allowed to attempt to sell your firearm for whatever you desire. I’m seeing that people, who are attempting to sell their stuff for FAR beyond top dollar, are disabling comments. I assume that they are doing this because they are tired of being shamed by their peers for attempting to take advantage of their brothers. Now is the time to watch each other’s backs, not try to screw each other for a short gain. If you’re asking TWICE + what your item is usually worth, shame on you! You know who you are. If you can’t take the criticism, listen to those who probably know more than you. You may learn something. Over the years, I’ve learned quite a bit by listening. Rant over. Carry on.

longfastglass, I read your post. I have a couple of questions. First off, have you read the rules of this site? Second, what exactly leads you to your assumption that all members who disable the comments are asking "TWICE" what the item is worth or are attempting to screw their brothers.

The rules of this site allow the enabling or disabling of comments. It is a choice, not an indication that their price is attempting to "screw each other for a short gain". According to the rules of this site, you as a member, are not allowed to negatively comment in another member's ad even if comments are enabled. If the comments are enabled, any negative comments can be removed by the member placing the ad, or if necessary, the MODS will remove it. So, what is the big deal about enabling or disabling the comments? Frankly, your assumption is flawed from the beginning because you have assumed the seller "can't take the criticism". As I pointed out, you cannot not criticize or make negative comments in the ad whether the comments are enabled or disabled. Accusing those who disable comments as "attempting to take advantage of their brothers" is reckless.

Read the Rules of this site and look in the Comments section of the rules. You will find your complaint has no merit.

Sooo.. Pre panic back in March I sold a basic entry level PSA Ar15 for $400 It was exces to my needs at the time.

Same rifle today because of panic could sell for $750.

Who is wrong the person selling? The person buying that is driving up the market? The fear mongers?

Simple supply and demand. I like to keep my prices realistic for my sake. When I list something for sale it means I’ve either bought something else or I’ve got my eye of something else so I’m looking to make a sale even if that means I lose some or I’m below market pricing. Fair is fair it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. As for comments I always disable them to weed out the random noobies making useless offers on the thread or the useless clutter and conversation that people comment. “Nice gun” lol...thanks?...it just makes for a cleaner AD. If you like it buy it and PM me. It’ll save me from reading pointless notifications.

Back
Top Bottom