• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The trend

Serious question. How much is an acceptable amount to ask someone to discount their cell price?

If they can ask whatever they want, you can offer whatever you want.

I go to one of my LGS websites and see what they charge new, and I offer accordingly. I they stick to their $800 Glock 19 used price, I go and buy the new one from a dealer for less than $500.

So, The Trend... I realize that in a free market, you are allowed to attempt to sell your firearm for whatever you desire. I’m seeing that people, who are attempting to sell their stuff for FAR beyond top dollar, are disabling comments. I assume that they are doing this because they are tired of being shamed by their peers for attempting to take advantage of their brothers. Now is the time to watch each other’s backs, not try to screw each other for a short gain. If you’re asking TWICE + what your item is usually worth, shame on you! You know who you are. If you can’t take the criticism, listen to those who probably know more than you. You may learn something. Over the years, I’ve learned quite a bit by listening. Rant over. Carry on.

Be careful, the mere suggestion (accurate or not) that some ODT members may be dramatically inflating prices is enough to draw the ire of the mods! Obviously, some of the powers-that-be have a strong interest in keeping this sort of information from the membership.

Back
Top Bottom