• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The Sickness Carrier - S&W 19-3

Junior_357

Default rank 5000+ posts
Former Disgruntled Architect
47   0
Reaction score
First, I, by no means am a good photographer...so I apologize for the pic quality.

Here she is...the Queen Bee of my collection: My 1976-vintage S&W 19-3. My first S&W...my first pinned & recessed S&W.

i255.photobucket.com_albums_hh132_tflylejr_M19_3002.jpg

Picked her up used about 5 years ago after 12 years of being a Glock guy, and the rest is truly history. Since I bought this beauty, I have sold off all of my pistols and became an avid revolver collector. This was the first of the seven S&W's I now own. For a while, this was the oldest of my guns, but my Model 28-2 is about 7 years older.

i255.photobucket.com_albums_hh132_tflylejr_M19_3004.jpg

Granted...it's not a mint, unfired NIB gun. There's some holster wear...a little rash on the frame behind the hammer from being carrier in a thumbstrap holster at some point. The finish is wearing a little thin on all the high points. But this is one great shooting weapon...

i255.photobucket.com_albums_hh132_tflylejr_M19_3005.jpg

Just thought I'd share. Well, that, and after seeing JWC's Model 15-3...I felt compelled to clean the crown jewel and take a few pictures. Now...anybody know where I can find a nice set of wood grips for her?

By the way, very nice revolver you got there Junior. Those 19's are hard to beat, IMHO the triggers on the 19's are as good or maybe a little better than the Python. I'm working on a guy trying to get about a 40 year old nickle plated 19 snubby away from him..........

Ok, I am glad that you decided to clean that beautiful Smith. And yes, she is a beauty. I would love to have a 19-3, but of course, it would have to be nickel. Thanks for sharing Junior.

Yours looks great!
I will be inheriting my step-grandfathers 1982 S&W 19-5 among his other guns....I have done a good bit of work to it and working some really good HD handloads for it for the time being. But it looks exactly like yours Junior....Very nice very good trigger, I even stoned it to smooth it up a little more..

Thanks, guys.

Tazz - thanks for the links and info. You just had to show me up posting that beautiful Snake, didn't ya? LOL :lol: I'm actually looking for a set of S&W wood presentation grips for this gun (or something similar aftermarket). I'd like to find 2 sets...one for this gun, and one for my 65-3. I don't shoot these two guns as much as I do some others...so why not make them pleasing to the eye.

Olchevy - nice to hear that you will eventually have that 19-5. My 'other 19' is a 19-5 snubby that I carry with me daily. I call it 'Ol' Blue'...although it's younger than my 19-3 (obviously). It's one of my favorites...I doubt I could ever bring myself to sell it. It's been tweaked and had Wolff springs installed. That old snubby is accurate enough for me to hit a 12" square at 35 yards...although I hope I never have to do it under pressure.

Junior, it looks great. I really like the new grips. Never been a big fan of the rubber grips. Wow! I like them.

There's nothing wrong with a little wear on the finish. It gives a gun character, just like those wood grips do. I firmly believe guns are made to be carried and shot- not to collect dust in a safe or under glass like some postage stamps or something.
I, too, like my revolvers:
S&W 27-2
i287.photobucket.com_albums_ll151_Rush_Fan_cd8634a6.jpg

S&W 18-3
i287.photobucket.com_albums_ll151_Rush_Fan_picsofmyguns012.jpg

S&W 10-5
i287.photobucket.com_albums_ll151_Rush_Fan_picsofmyguns011.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom