• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Failure of the "Freedom Movement/TEA PARTY"

Excellent stimulation of the deeper philosophical thought process. However as long as their are more than two people on planet earth, true liberty will subside, directly in proportion to the growth of the number of humans, as population elevates in numbers. The trick is to find a balance between laws, regulations, government & freedom. No government or pure unencumbered freedom & liberty would be anarchy, terror, & hell on earth as would totalitarian government or dictatorship. We have to seek, find & continue to fight for some semblance of balance between liberty, free enterprise, prosperity, invention, freedom for as many as possible, equal opportunity ( no such thing as pure equality either, except in God's pleasure) & some sort of security , as a nation & some structure of law & order. The USA, all-in-all & on balance has provided a much better balance of these things more-so than any other nation I can think of.

:clap2: Very nice.

The question Whether one generation of men has a right to bind another, seems never to have been started either on this or our side of the water. Yet it is a question of such consequences as not only to merit decision, but place also, among the fundamental principles of every government. The course of reflection in which we are immersed here on the elementary principles of society has presented this question to my mind; and that no such obligation can be transmitted I think very capable of proof. I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self evident, "that the earth belongs in usufruct to the living;" that the dead have neither powers nor rights over it. The portion occupied by an individual ceases to be his when himself ceases to be, and reverts to the society. If the society has formed no rules for the appropriation of its lands in severalty, it will be taken by the first occupants. These will generally be the wife and children of the decedent. If they have formed rules of appropriation, those rules may give it to the wife and children, or to some one of them, or to the legatee of the deceased. So they may give it to his creditor. But the child, the legatee or creditor takes it, not by any natural right, but by a law of the society of which they are members, and to which they are subject. Then no man can by natural right oblige the lands he occupied, or the persons who succeed him in that occupation, to the paiment of debts contracted by him. For if he could, he might during his own life, eat up the usufruct of the lands for several generations to come, and then the lands would belong to the dead, and not to the living, which would be reverse of our principle.

-Thomas Jefferson

Excellent stimulation of the deeper philosophical thought process. However as long as their are more than two people on planet earth, true liberty will subside, directly in proportion to the growth of the number of humans, as population elevates in numbers. The trick is to find a balance between laws, regulations, government & freedom. No government or pure unencumbered freedom & liberty would be anarchy, terror, & hell on earth as would totalitarian government or dictatorship. We have to seek, find & continue to fight for some semblance of balance between liberty, free enterprise, prosperity, invention, freedom for as many as possible, equal opportunity ( no such thing as pure equality either, except in God's pleasure) & some sort of security , as a nation & some structure of law & order. The USA, all-in-all & on balance has provided a much better balance of these things more-so than any other nation I can think of.

Mind control

[video=youtube_share;M2T7ML3G6ns]http://youtu.be/M2T7ML3G6ns[/video]

well there was this... th.jpg.

The closest thing we see to true liberty is that of a lifestyle of career criminals. They do as they please, they live as they please, and laws are but mere suggestions.

Now with that said the liberty movement lost its credibility because it could not appeal to the people complacent with their lives of servitude and slavery to stuff. Only when that stuff is taken away would they feel the need for new leadership and situations.

However, all leadership excels to power and all power has the ability to corrupt the hearts of man....WHAT DOES A MAN WITH EVERYTHING WANT....MORE POWER.

Back
Top Bottom