• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Current Medical Records Release Form - Look Closely

That means nothing bro :)

and HIPAA was signed long before Obama was in office. The law has the date in it....this clause was for our friends in the Secret Service to look and see if you are a threat to a protectee...

Secret service doesn't need a form to check on me if they want to...I have a phone, internet connection, etc....no tinfoil intended...if you ever sign something like that yes or no, get copies of it and keep it somewhere...

Last edited:
Secret service doesn't need a form to check on me if they want to...I have a phone, internet connection, etc....no tinfoil intended...if you ever sign something like that yes or no, get copies of it and keep it somewhere...

The HIPAA form is not a release of information, it simply is a notice that you understand the federal law as it relates to privacy (or in most cases have just been told about it) and are proceeding with care. Sign it or not, if you have medical care, that clause simply denotes that if they have probable cause the USSS can access your medical records. No tin-foil about it.

But on the other hand in a sense you are right, the USSS has a division that is part of the intelligence community (PID) and has access to all the same stuff/feeds/data we have seen in the papers recently regarding the NSA as it relates to their protectees....(so maybe so:) )

Last edited:
The HIPAA form is not a release of information, it simply is a notice that you understand the federal law as it relates to privacy (or in most cases have just been told about it) and are proceeding with care. Sign it or not, if you have medical care, that clause simply denotes that if they have probable cause the USSS can access your medical records. No tin-foil about it.

But on the other hand in a sense you are right, the USSS has a division that is part of the intelligence community (PID) and has access to all the same stuff/feeds/data we have seen in the papers recently regarding the NSA as it relates to their protectees....(so maybe so:) )

That's understandable but, hasn't that always been the case? I could be wrong. Eg. Someone comes in an states they are going to kill someone, HIPAA is annulled...nothing new...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom