• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Boomer Fudd Mindset

I wanted to take up bass because I kinda assumed it would be easier than guitar. Plus my favorite band is still Motorhead and Lemmy played bass more like rhythm guitar and was damn good at it. And believe it or not my other inspiration was Rick James. He was damn good too. And they both played Rickenbackers.
Have you ever listened to Victor Wooten? He played some with Bela Fleck and Flecktones...guys phenomenal!

Lol, it can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be. You'll know how good a player will be by the make of his bass. Rickenbacker, Spector, Warwick... all those high end ones. If you got the drive and talent you'll want the best.
You’d be shocked. I showed up to the range with a brand new KAC SR15 with the 3.2 bolt. By your theory, I should’ve shot it well…
😢🤣

It's everywhere you look. Not just boomers, just a general gatekeeper mentality folks seem to have on the internet. There opinion is the best/only one that matters, everyone else is wrong. I see it on the BBQ/smoking/grilling groups I'm in too. Somebody always has to be an ass about something because it's not how they do it. :lol:

Or go look at some trade job related forums, those guys are the worst with that stuff.

I still think John Entwistle (sp?) from the Who was the best bass player… or the guy from Rush… Gary Lee.

Most of the actual “best” bass and guitar players are guys that we’ve never heard of.

You’d be shocked. I showed up to the range with a brand new KAC SR15 with the 3.2 bolt. By your theory, I should’ve shot it well…
😢🤣
Well there's always exceptions. Most unexperienced players/shooters wouldn't drop thousands on a bass/gun. But some have more money than sense. I'll say shooting is easier than playing an instrument though, from my experiences anyway.

It's everywhere you look. Not just boomers, just a general gatekeeper mentality folks seem to have on the internet. There opinion is the best/only one that matters, everyone else is wrong. I see it on the BBQ/smoking/grilling groups I'm in too. Somebody always has to be an ass about something because it's not how they do it. :lol:

Or go look at some trade job related forums, those guys are the worst with that stuff.
There’s a guy on here who fits the bill perfectly. Old dj or furniture salesman… his screen name escapes me at the moment. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom