Talking to Police after a Self Defense Incident

D Durango00 you keep saying how wrong everybody is in this thread. I believe Ken Ford Ken Ford asked if you had any advice. Are you going to keep telling everyone how wrong they are or are you going to share your story and give some sort of constructive advice based on your experience?

I've already told my story and given my opinion. It's just being knit picked to death at this point

I've already told my story and given my opinion. It's just being knit picked to death at this point

Other than "your wrong" and "I've been there, done that" comments, I've yet to see a post about your story. I'm in no way bashing, just curios to where you're coming from. At this point, I have no idea what happened to you.

It's pretty arrogant to think that everyone who has a different opinion than you is 100% wrong. The information I provided is exactly right in many cases. And it is the responsible thing to do. If you find yourself in this situation again I hope your way works out just as well. It may not. And you can never unsay anything. The other thing to remember is that the perpetrator or his/her family may try and sue you. Even if your actions were justified you run the risk of your words being twisted by misaligned attorneys for the benefit of their clients. Why not just say "This is what I did and it worked out well for me." instead of implying the rest of us are incorrect. We aren't. District Attorneys aren't always out to get us. But you never know what type of political pressure is being applied in any given situation. Why take the risk of being made an example of? Doesn't seem worth it.

I checked, I don't see your story in this thread. You just stated everything and everyone was wrong.
You're right. I deleted it shortly after posting it earlier in this thread. I didn't say everything and everyone is wrong, don't put words in my mouth. I made a comment about the mass hysteria and paranoia about talking to cops by most of the 'experts" in here
"I'm waiting to speak to my attorney before I'll make a comment". Yeah right, I'm sure that's where your head will be at that moment

It's pretty arrogant to think that everyone who has a different opinion than you is 100% wrong. The information I provided is exactly right in many cases. And it is the responsible thing to do. If you find yourself in this situation again I hope your way works out just as well. It may not. And you can never unsay anything. The other thing to remember is that the perpetrator or his/her family may try and sue you. Even if your actions were justified you run the risk of your words being twisted by misaligned attorneys for the benefit of their clients. Why not just say "This is what I did and it worked out well for me." instead of implying the rest of us are incorrect. We aren't. District Attorneys aren't always out to get us. But you never know what type of political pressure is being applied in any given situation. Why take the risk of being made an example of? Doesn't seem worth it.
You're the internet expert, preach.....

I can assure you that you are not correct. Hell I've seen people get sued over cut and dry cases. Anyone with even a slight knowledge of the local news knows it's a problem.

Even a clear case of self defense will be looked at very hard to be sure the story is correct, and not a staged murder or a negligent action of some sort.

You carry a gun just to be sure, why wouldn't yo take the same care of your future.

Numerous real life stories of people falling out of airplanes without parachutes, or parachutes failing to open, and the person walks away.

One doesn't generalize from those individual incidents that everyone should jump out of airplanes without a parachute. More people will survive jumping out of an airplane with a parachute, than those who jump without. Of course, everyone who jumps is free to make the choice.

You could just pull a Hillary and deflect the whole topic by saying you support children's health and opportunities for women, and that you have worked your entire life to make sure that women and children and people of "color" are treated fairly and equally and provided the best opportunities this country has to offer.

By the time you get done with that spiel, the cops will have forgotten about the 13 carjackers you just perforated that are still leaking plasma onto the street and give you a pat on the back and the keys to the Mayor's privy down at city hall.

Well if things go south and you end up in jail, just remember to use your sad dog face ... bahahahaha

images_cdn.9gag.com_photo_ae01Lgj_700b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom