• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk about a rough day and man it's hard saying goodbye. Now mom in the hospital

Ghost-1 Ghost-1 - Sending my thoughts and prayers for your rest and strength to go through this mess. I can sympathize as my wife is dealing with her mother & step father ..... she had a stroke last summer. So it has been one thing after another, finally getting them transferred into assisted living since she has spent the last 8-9 months staying up there most of the time, working from up there - which is a blessing she can. Tried all the rehab, etc., and now this is the best situation for them and us. It is one of the nicest ones around and right around the corner from us. So now there is the selling of the estate, blah blah blah.
One headache after another. At the same time, I am caretaker for my mother & my physical limitations keep me from working so i have my own medical conditions.
The whole thing I am eluding to is - there are folks that know what you are dealing with ..... if you ever want an ear to bend, don’t hesitate to hit me up, i will give you my number.
Ok...prayers for strength and rest for you sir ! And prayers for your mother that she is able to stablize quickly , that her doctors get a clue and that she improves with less meds. Godspeed to all !!
Respectfully- Ken
WOW... With great respect, that’s exactly why I say “You’re Really The Man” Brother. You definitely have your hands full. And I have told you already, if there is anything I can do, let’s say, in some crazy busy crappy day, just hit me up. I’ll go over there to help ya... And I mean it.

I got up not to long ago and I was feeling bad as I'm not used to sleeping this late. I woke up scrambling feeling like I am running late and that I'm behind now. My wife told me to just calm down and take a breath that there is nothing important going on that I need to jump up and rush out the door. She was surprised I slept as late as I did this morning but she knows how tired I have been running around and dealing with and taking care of all of this.

She feels bad as she can't really get out take care of things like I can due to her and her medical issues she has and she is still dealing with so I still have to help her and take care of her with some things and there are times when she tries to do more than what she can even when she knows she shouldn't but she is just trying to help me as she knows I have so much I have do and deal with all the time.

I can't even begin to explain how you guy's have made us feel and what the little bit of help some of you have sent has really helped and we are going to make it stretch until the end of the month. I am really thankful as well as I needed to order one of the girls medications that she needs for her medical issue. I have to call the vet and see if they have it on hand in the dose she takes and if not then they have to put the prescription in through their online pharmacy and I'll have to order it that way. I'll get it done and I'll have it here before she runs out as she has enough to last until the 22nd.

Anyways I called the hospital this morning to let mom know that I'll be up there shortly to see her. I had just got up and I'm drinking some coffee and waking up and that I got some clothes she asked for and if there was anything else she needed me to get from her place. She told me they had moved her from IMCU down to inpatient rehab last night but they still have her on the IV's with the stuff in. I am glad as that's a little better that she has been moved to a regular room and that she means she has improved enough that she no longer needs to be under constant critical care treatment and watch. I'll know more when ever I get up there and talk with the nurse and hopefully see and talk to the doctor to try and get a better idea of what the overall plan is as far as treatment and when she might be coming home and other stuff.

I know some of you have your own stuff you are dealing with and going through. I really am thankful and great full for the condolences on the passing of my little guy Sig and it still have me sad and tearing up here and there and yes I do still cry about it. I don't care what anyone says about people like us that love and feel and mourn the loss of our pets like we do. If you have never had a pet then they you will just never understand.

I am thankful and great full for the help that some of you have been kind enough to send to us since I had lost my wallet and had my money stolen and it still has me heated and pissed off that people are like that. You might as well just threw the wallet in the trash and called it a day since you got the cash out of it.

It is good to know that there are still great people that are willing to step forward and help others even people that they don't even really know. I have had the honor of meeting a bunch of you guys all over the place doing FTF selling, buying and trading and like I has said earlier it was really great to be able to sit down a break bread with you.

I just want all of you to know that I am also here if anyone just has stuff they want to talk about or if you need any kind of help just reach out to me and I will do my best to do what I can to get help you or get you the help you might need if I am not able to help or don't have what ever it is you might need.

Stay positive brother. Keep us posted on progress.
We are here for you, TOO!!
Still pray-n for comfort, peace, & less anxiety.

Thanks and I'm just getting home as I was at the hospital and just got home after I went over to her place and checked on her dogs and made sure they have plenty of food and water still. They have gotten her sugar at a good level and if it stays where it has been then they will be able to stop the IV's and put her on the new med 's and keep her off the other stuff and she won't have to take some other's that she was taking.

I'll find out more tomorrow but I am about to eat and wash some clothes get a shower go let her dog's out one more time and get them settled in for the night and then let me two girls out and get them settled for the night and then hit the bed as I'm just tired and want to sleep as I have some stuff to do tomorrow and then head back and see her.

WOW... With great respect, that’s exactly why I say “You’re Really The Man” Brother. You definitely have your hands full. And I have told you already, if there is anything I can do, let’s say, in some crazy busy crappy day, just hit me up. I’ll go over there to help ya... And I mean it.
Thanks brother ! I may take you up on that....even just to get out of the house and go have lunch/dinner maybe :cool-new:

Well another uneventful day and man am smoked. Went to see mom and everything seemed good to go. So I told her I would be back later after my son met with me as I had to help him with some stuff up in Albany.

I just back from Albany from helping my son and I see mom standing on her porch. Me and my wife looked at each other was we were both like WTH?

I guess they decided that mom was good enough to go home but I suspect she talked the doctor into letting her go home after I told her she needed to stay a few more days just to be sure she was good.

I went over and started talking her and she told me the doctor told her that they figured they thought she was good enough to go home but if anything happened just to come back to the ER.

I can't believe this after we had just talked the other day and we had all agreed that she needed to stay until the middle of the week just make sure she was good.

I didn't feel like trying to talk or argue or anything as I'm just to tired. I'll talk to her more tomorrow. I told her if she needs anything to let me know.

The good thing is that she seems to be doing good and I'm hoping she stays that way. I told her to just relax and take it easy and do what the doctor said to do. I'm so tired it's not even funny. I'm about to hit the bed and try to get some sleep.

Well another uneventful day and man am smoked. Went to see mom and everything seemed good to go. So I told her I would be back later after my son met with me as I had to help him with some stuff up in Albany.

I just back from Albany from helping my son and I see mom standing on her porch. Me and my wife looked at each other was we were both like WTH?

I guess they decided that mom was good enough to go home but I suspect she talked the doctor into letting her go home after I told her she needed to stay a few more days just to be sure she was good.

I went over and started talking her and she told me the doctor told her that they figured they thought she was good enough to go home but if anything happened just to come back to the ER.

I can't believe this after we had just talked the other day and we had all agreed that she needed to stay until the middle of the week just make sure she was good.

I didn't feel like trying to talk or argue or anything as I'm just to tired. I'll talk to her more tomorrow. I told her if she needs anything to let me know.

The good thing is that she seems to be doing good and I'm hoping she stays that way. I told her to just relax and take it easy and do what the doctor said to do. I'm so tired it's not even funny. I'm about to hit the bed and try to get some sleep.

Rest easy bro. Check on her in the AM.

Back
Top Bottom