• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk about a rough day and man it's hard saying goodbye. Now mom in the hospital

Our brother fast306stang fast306stang stepped in and sent a TREMENDOUS help(not to me, but to our Comrade Ghost-1 Ghost-1 ).
I am telling you guys, we have some rough moments at each other here sometimes, BUT we are just a BIG family of brothers and sisters called ODTers...

Hey guy's I just got home from the hospital about 15 minutes ago but had to step over to moms to get some stuff for her and take back tomorrow that she needs. I am so dang tired and dragging and irritated and pissed. Mom is doing a little better and they are keeping an eye on her and they have been getting her blood sugar to come up and stabilize a little at a time but they still need it to come up some more and try to see if they can get it to maintain where it should be.

They haven't really said what was going on with why her blood sugar did what it and why they are having a problem getting it to come up and stay up. I know part of the problem and they kind of hinted around about it was this quack doctor she see's down here which is really a PA and not a DR. She had the bad UTI and then the food poisoning.

She wasn't really eating as when she tried it would just run right through her. Well she told her PA that she see's and this clown told to keep taking her diabetic med's. That never should have happened and she didn't check her blood sugar as she didn't think she needed to since she was not eating. Well it go the point that everything spiraled and this is where we are. Her PA that she see's should have told her to stop taking her meds if she wasn't eating but he never did.

Anyways they told me they might be able to move her to another room and into inpatient rehab but I won't know for sure until we head back in the morning to see her. I'm just waiting and watching to see what they are going to do as far as mom is concerned and in what direction we will be moving in as far as her medications and they said something about changing some and taking her off some of her meds as she doesn't need them

I really do appreciate the couple of donations some of you guy's sent as they did come in handy and I'm making them stretch. Between my VA appointments. the wife's doctor appointment and now having to deal with and help mom out I'm just flat out tired with all of the running around and making sure things are happening that need to happen and things are getting done that need to get done

Hey guy's I just got home from the hospital about 15 minutes ago but had to step over to moms to get some stuff for her and take back tomorrow that she needs. I am so dang tired and dragging and irritated and pissed. Mom is doing a little better and they are keeping an eye on her and they have been getting her blood sugar to come up and stabilize a little at a time but they still need it to come up some more and try to see if they can get it to maintain where it should be.

They haven't really said what was going on with why her blood sugar did what it and why they are having a problem getting it to come up and stay up. I know part of the problem and they kind of hinted around about it was this quack doctor she see's down here which is really a PA and not a DR. She had the bad UTI and then the food poisoning.

She wasn't really eating as when she tried it would just run right through her. Well she told her PA that she see's and this clown told to keep taking her diabetic med's. That never should have happened and she didn't check her blood sugar as she didn't think she needed to since she was not eating. Well it go the point that everything spiraled and this is where we are. Her PA that she see's should have told her to stop taking her meds if she wasn't eating but he never did.

Anyways they told me they might be able to move her to another room and into inpatient rehab but I won't know for sure until we head back in the morning to see her. I'm just waiting and watching to see what they are going to do as far as mom is concerned and in what direction we will be moving in as far as her medications and they said something about changing some and taking her off some of her meds as she doesn't need them

I really do appreciate the couple of donations some of you guy's sent as they did come in handy and I'm making them stretch. Between my VA appointments. the wife's doctor appointment and now having to deal with and help mom out I'm just flat out tired with all of the running around and making sure things are happening that need to happen and things are getting done that need to get done

I know quite a few diabetics who can't control their blood sugar down to that level...from what I can tell, her meds are way off...hopefully the REAL doctors can correct this!

I know quite a few diabetics who can't control their blood sugar down to that level...from what I can tell, her meds are way off...hopefully the REAL doctors can correct this!

Yeah I hope so but we shall see and I'm hoping she will be able to come home next week sometime if not sooner but I don't want them to rush anything either.

Ghost-1 Ghost-1 - Sending my thoughts and prayers for your rest and strength to go through this mess. I can sympathize as my wife is dealing with her mother & step father ..... she had a stroke last summer. So it has been one thing after another, finally getting them transferred into assisted living since she has spent the last 8-9 months staying up there most of the time, working from up there - which is a blessing she can. Tried all the rehab, etc., and now this is the best situation for them and us. It is one of the nicest ones around and right around the corner from us. So now there is the selling of the estate, blah blah blah.
One headache after another. At the same time, I am caretaker for my mother & my physical limitations keep me from working so i have my own medical conditions.
The whole thing I am eluding to is - there are folks that know what you are dealing with ..... if you ever want an ear to bend, don’t hesitate to hit me up, i will give you my number.
Ok...prayers for strength and rest for you sir ! And prayers for your mother that she is able to stablize quickly , that her doctors get a clue and that she improves with less meds. Godspeed to all !!
Respectfully- Ken

Back
Top Bottom