• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Survival classes/information trading/group formation

I feel like 6th grader before the sock-hop, lol. I havent been camping in years. To make it ez we should do what someone suggested 10 pages ago & meet at the gas station on the corner where you turn from hwy278 onto Buchanan Hwy (hwy120). It has a dollar store inside for last minute supplies

Last time I went camping it was on the Appalachian trail with my nephew's scout pac. They brought can foods to eat, those poor guys had cans of ravioli n stuff like that in there packs hiking up n down hills. I was the only one out of maybe 20 (including the scout masters) the brought dehydrated meals. Some of them had packs that weighed more than they did. "Live off the land" eating sounds good in theory but trust me, your always hungry. If that's ur plan I suggest some back up food. Just incase..... I grew up on C-rats which became MREs and so that u can carry more for the same weight I still recommend dehydrated. Even Walmart has some choices in the camping section

Does any body who's commin work at a machine shop or wood shop? A fire piston is the easiest way to mak primitive fire but I'm not sure i am tooled up to make one. It's one of those things from ancient Asian culture but since we don't have those plants I'll make something that works

Back
Top Bottom