• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Survival classes/information trading/group formation

Survivor Johnny

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
"Failing to plan is planning to fail". With this in mind I am interested in trading info or even forming a group of like minded survivalists. It's hard to believe, but there are people who don't know how to build a fire or a shelter or filter water or even how important this knowledge is. I have some "how to" videos i've made or helped make on YouTube but if things get bad small groups are stronger than individuals. Feel free to ask question or post answers on this thread. Like minded people please post. I hope I'm putting this in the right section as I'm a newby to this site.

Last edited:
Im a little to far away from you, but very like minded. Ive got plenty of survival "material" ill leave it at that lol, and skill Im a country boy hunted and camped all my life. But Im also smart enough to know ive got a better chance in a group. Ive been trying for a long time to get people together but seems everyone wants to be a lone wolf or wait until the last minute, at that point it will be to late as im sure most likely the internet will be down, and you also wouldn't have had time to gain trust in the members of your group. If you have any better luck please let me know what I could do differently. Im totally willing to join an already formed group of like minded individuals as well if one exists.

It. Seems u have hit the nail on the head about the " lone wolves". It seems to me that each area should have a group and the groups could interact spreading knowledge and building cohesion. This seems to be a common problem as u r the first response since the post. Predetermined rally points of individuals to groups and groups to units would be ideal. We should teach those around us, learn from them and groups would naturally form. I have several people around me and its a start

Last edited:
This seems to be a fair meeting board for the formation of groups, but lets also share knowledge. For instance...
a good fire starter is the small hand sanitizer (as long as the warning on the back says "flammable") and it can also be used to disinfect superficial wounds. -or-
dryer lint or cotton balls or cat tails when dried out are great tinder. - or-
pine needle tea has 10x the vitamin C of orange juice
--- just some examples ----

For cooking in the woods a wood fire is great since you don't carry the fuel. The problem is a column of smoke telling every one to far away to smell the smoke your position. Here is 1 solution that is free if your resourceful...
http://youtu.be/JkASPgmjRq8

Now see it burn and notice the lack of smoke when it gets goin
http://youtu.be/Pjcp0Rpb59w

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom