• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Book Recommendation Thread

SOCOM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
This book is survival fiction but it's awesome. It's filled with lots of realistic what if scenarios. I learned a lot from it. If you can find it it's called LIGHTS OUT. It was an online book not yet published that you have to read from a PDF reader. It use to be available online, dont know if it still is.

Warning: If you're like me after you get into this book you'll be out buying supplies for When The SHTF ASAP!

Last edited:
Both "One Second After" by William Forstchen and "Patriots" by James Wesley Rawles are good reads.
Rawles also wrote one "How To Survive The End Of The World As We Know It". It gives alot of preparation
advice.

Socom

It seems to be a good book with what I have read of it. I was only able to find chapters 1-10 on the net.
Most everybody has pulled it off because it went to print. I will have to pick one up when I find it.
Thanks for the heads up on it.

Here's the deal with lights out. You'll be lucky to find a complete copy, apparently the publisher is really going after unauthorized copies.

Halffast said:
Well, the day has come. I have made a deal with a Hollywood producer to shop Lights Out around to some studios. He thinks we have a great shot at getting one of them to take on the project. We are also working on a book deal.

That means that I need to ask you to remove LO from your site. There is no way that I can ever repay you for the support you have given the story. Of course you will get an acknowledgement in the book and I will send you a signed copy.

Thanks again for everything.

Halffast
L

Who has suggestions for non-fiction books? Especially for someone who is just starting to prepare. The books don't necessarily need to deal with stocking up or supplies. They could be about mindset, scenarios, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Mr. Smith

Just finished "Lights Out".

Very good book. I think it is way better than "The Patriots" but I don't think it is better
than "One Second After". The thing I liked most about this one is the reason I didn't
really like "The Patriots". Everybody in this book started out like normal people in
everyday life. They weren't prepared as most of the people out there aren't. "The Patriots"
started out with people that were prepared for most anything. Finding ways to survive
to me is a little better than reading a book telling us all what we SHOULD HAVE DONE.

Recommend getting the Army Survival Guide FM 21-76. This is more of a immediate skill set book vs. long term like Patriots.

Also recommend Crisis Preparedness Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Home Storage and Physical Survival by Jack A. Spigarel

Back
Top Bottom