• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suicide ......

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
First thing first.... I am not contemplating suicide in no way shape or form. So all you spies for the enemy do not need to red flag me, do not send cops , I am fine and in complete control. :cool-new:
Now....on to the thread.

My cousin committed suicide a couple days ago. 24yo. Such a tragedy, such a waste. His mother, my 1st cousin, found him.
He has had some issues stemming from ‘General depression’ with no real reasons why. (Wtf ??!!)
This kid had all he needed in life, a loving home with mom, dad and 2 brothers. Good kid in school. He did more in his teen years than most do in a lifetime. Was living in Colorado at the time. His parents staying with him a good part of the time because of his issues. No drugs involved - none.
This being a strange but not unpredictable situation.....it still is devastating to us all.

What makes someone commit suicide. Especially young folks , say 30yo and younger??
I have thought about this deeply the last couple days. It is depressing in itself.

Depression is something that is treatable in many ways. Most of us have a mild to moderate case at one time or another in our lifetimes. Maybe not enough to get put on medication or seek the opinion of a professional but we all seem to have had some kind of depression at one time or another. Most of the time we can talk it out with friends/loved ones. We pull ourselves out of it after not too long. Whatever.
How many have stayed in bed for a couple of days not wanting to talk to anyone, not wanting to go anywhere, not wanting to do anything ?? Mostly because we feel our problems are more than anyone would understand and that nobody can fix.
Then we get it together, hit the shower, clean the crap out of our abode and pull ourselves out of the slump and get back to the living.
I guess some never make it back. It is sad.

Thanks for reading.
Any and all comments welcomed. :pop2:

Sorry for your loss.

Diet. If someone has everything they need externally and are still hopeless, their diet is most likely to blame. A lot of chemical/hormonal imbalances come from our food. And vitamin/nutrient deficiencies come from a lack of good food.

This is excluding any spiritual needs which I believe also play a heavy hand.

Mental illness isn't always going to be explained logically. Suicide is obviously the most illogical action on even the most basic level. Some people are mis-wired and through no fault or action of their own. Sometimes the fix is worse than the problem and sometimes there is no fix. Be in tune to your family and friends and be available. That's all anyone can do.

Very sorry to hear about your cousin -- that really sucks. That said, yes, I think everyone goes through depression sometimes. Some can handle it easier than others. From the friends I know who have had deep bouts of it, reaching outside themselves and getting out of their own heads through a vibrant spiritual life really helps. Your connection with God, connecting with fellow church members, reading the Bible, etc. can all help. I think the key is to realize we all need help and depending on our own internal resources doesn't always work. Hope that makes sense.

My brother in law killed himself 38 years ago. Great job, happy wife, lots of friends, but grew depressed over things that didn’t directly affect him. Things like war and poverty. Said he didn’t want to think about these things, but could not stop. Was seeing a therapist and seemed better until one day he shot himself. Doctors say sometimes there is a chemical imbalance that causes this.

Very sad but not uncommon problem and has to be worse today with all that is going on in the world.

very sorry for your loss - nothing worse than losing a young one before their time.

I found my oldest son in the driveway of our house 4 years ago. I knew the second I saw the expression on his face that he didn't mean to do what he had done. The only words I could say to him when I found him were, "you didn't have to do this". He had issues with depression and alcohol but was several months into a job that he really liked and was very upbeat and happy the night before when we spoke. I never would've guessed that he would've killed himself that night.

We never know what is going on inside a person or how what we say or do can impact them either way. Sometimes tough times do last and they can't find a way out of where they are. I trust that he is at peace now because he deserves that.

I went to a support group for parents/loved ones of suicide victims and I was absolutely shocked at how many people were in that group and how everyone had a different story. There are a lot of us who have experienced what you are experiencing now. All I can tell you is that I'm sorry. You won't get over it, you're not supposed to but you will get through it. Keep moving forward and keep the faith.

Back
Top Bottom