• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suicide ......

First thing first.... I am not contemplating suicide in no way shape or form. So all you spies for the enemy do not need to red flag me, do not send cops , I am fine and in complete control. :cool-new:
Now....on to the thread.

My cousin committed suicide a couple days ago. 24yo. Such a tragedy, such a waste. His mother, my 1st cousin, found him.
He has had some issues stemming from ‘General depression’ with no real reasons why. (Wtf ??!!)
This kid had all he needed in life, a loving home with mom, dad and 2 brothers. Good kid in school. He did more in his teen years than most do in a lifetime. Was living in Colorado at the time. His parents staying with him a good part of the time because of his issues. No drugs involved - none.
This being a strange but not unpredictable situation.....it still is devastating to us all.

What makes someone commit suicide. Especially young folks , say 30yo and younger??
I have thought about this deeply the last couple days. It is depressing in itself.

Depression is something that is treatable in many ways. Most of us have a mild to moderate case at one time or another in our lifetimes. Maybe not enough to get put on medication or seek the opinion of a professional but we all seem to have had some kind of depression at one time or another. Most of the time we can talk it out with friends/loved ones. We pull ourselves out of it after not too long. Whatever.
How many have stayed in bed for a couple of days not wanting to talk to anyone, not wanting to go anywhere, not wanting to do anything ?? Mostly because we feel our problems are more than anyone would understand and that nobody can fix.
Then we get it together, hit the shower, clean the crap out of our abode and pull ourselves out of the slump and get back to the living.
I guess some never make it back. It is sad.

Thanks for reading.
Any and all comments welcomed. :pop2:
I'm sorry to hear. I'll just start by saying, I am not a very emotional person and will likely say something that's insensitive so I apologize in advance.

If what you described is accurate about his upbringing, I'd guess he was coddled, lazy and had an entitlement complex. His expectations of life probably didn't match his reality. He probably thought: damn, this sucks ass; why can't life be the way I thought it would be? F-it! I'm out.

That's my guess.

First thing first.... I am not contemplating suicide in no way shape or form. So all you spies for the enemy do not need to red flag me, do not send cops , I am fine and in complete control. :cool-new:
Now....on to the thread.

My cousin committed suicide a couple days ago. 24yo. Such a tragedy, such a waste. His mother, my 1st cousin, found him.
He has had some issues stemming from ‘General depression’ with no real reasons why. (Wtf ??!!)
This kid had all he needed in life, a loving home with mom, dad and 2 brothers. Good kid in school. He did more in his teen years than most do in a lifetime. Was living in Colorado at the time. His parents staying with him a good part of the time because of his issues. No drugs involved - none.
This being a strange but not unpredictable situation.....it still is devastating to us all.

What makes someone commit suicide. Especially young folks , say 30yo and younger??
I have thought about this deeply the last couple days. It is depressing in itself.

Depression is something that is treatable in many ways. Most of us have a mild to moderate case at one time or another in our lifetimes. Maybe not enough to get put on medication or seek the opinion of a professional but we all seem to have had some kind of depression at one time or another. Most of the time we can talk it out with friends/loved ones. We pull ourselves out of it after not too long. Whatever.
How many have stayed in bed for a couple of days not wanting to talk to anyone, not wanting to go anywhere, not wanting to do anything ?? Mostly because we feel our problems are more than anyone would understand and that nobody can fix.
Then we get it together, hit the shower, clean the crap out of our abode and pull ourselves out of the slump and get back to the living.

Thanks for reading.

Prayers to your Family! My 3rd oldest Brother try to commit suicide in the past. I was shocked. I did not know that he was having issues after the Marine Corps, plus drinking. He got help and retiring soon from a 2nd job soon. I thanked the Lord he is doing better.

I’m so sorry for you and your families loss.Mental illness is very real its not something that a hot shower or a couple of days in bed can fix. It doesn’t discriminate age , sex , ethnicity religion,etc It’s a chemical imbalance that needs to be treated by psychiatrist/ therapy simple as that . I lost a close family member recently to suicide . In my experience trying to understand “Why?”will drive you nuts. Once I finally understood they were truly sick and tormented from mental illness I was able to forgive them and make peace with the situation. I hope this helps

Now....on to the thread.

Thanks for reading.

That STINKS! An absolute waste!

Watch the documentary on Robin Williams brain illness Lewy body dementia
"Robins Wish" It has tons of humor, the guy was brilliant, fought it longer than is scientifically possible...it will break your heart... no cure...

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
:pray2:

Everyone always thinks depression is some sort of feelings, like being down. I believe the complete opposite, you feel nothing, like a robot, life becomes so mundane, same routine every day and nothing changes. With no change in site, you are no longer living in a way. Emotions and feelings are gone.

I can't offer any help or advice. I've had brief bouts of depression in my life but nothing that would make me actually do something to check out. Always had some idea that things could and would get better if I put forth some effort, besides, I knew it would kill my parents so that was never an option anyway.

About 14 years ago I was suffering intolerable pain abdominally and had to regularly visit the ER in Chicago for morphine. It was the only thing that relieved the pain. That's about the closest I've personally come to punching my own ticket, but making some changes in diet and attitude (less worrying) relieved the painful episodes. I completely understand why someone suffering physical pain would check out but I don't think I'll ever be able to understand emotional or mental anguish being sufficient cause.

Mental illness isn't always going to be explained logically. Suicide is obviously the most illogical action on even the most basic level. Some people are mis-wired and through no fault or action of their own. Sometimes the fix is worse than the problem and sometimes there is no fix. Be in tune to your family and friends and be available. That's all anyone can do.
This may have helped explain things some... it was kind of what i was looking for but couldnt come to it . Make sense?
Thanks for the input.

Up to 21 or so Veterans commit Suicide every day..Sad but true. I am sorry to hear you lost a relative,,So sad
Service connected PTSD is very real and very wide spread from what i gather. Definitely something our leaders need to get a grip on. i could talk about that for hours i think. :(

How many ppl do you think won't seek help bc they're worried about being red flagged by the dr/shrink? If that's the case for someone, then the only people they can rely on would be friends and themself.
This !!

I found my oldest son in the driveway of our house 4 years ago. I knew the second I saw the expression on his face that he didn't mean to do what he had done. The only words I could say to him when I found him were, "you didn't have to do this". He had issues with depression and alcohol but was several months into a job that he really liked and was very upbeat and happy the night before when we spoke. I never would've guessed that he would've killed himself that night.
Dude....no words. I cannot phathom finding someone that close to me.
Although I lost my brother a couple of decades back.... i had to make the final decisions on “stopping treatment” on him because his condition was so grave. Long story. Thanks for sharing.

We never know what is going on inside a person or how what we say or do can impact them either way. Sometimes tough times do last and they can't find a way out of where they are. I trust that he is at peace now because he deserves that.

I went to a support group for parents/loved ones of suicide victims and I was absolutely shocked at how many people were in that group and how everyone had a different story. There are a lot of us who have experienced what you are experiencing now. All I can tell you is that I'm sorry. You won't get over it, you're not supposed to but you will get through it. Keep moving forward and keep the faith.
It is depressing itself to learn how widespread this actually is . It is like the “Opioid crisis” ..... everybody knows someone that OD on them or had a child that died because of them. :blue:

I'm sorry to hear. I'll just start by saying, I am not a very emotional person and will likely say something that's insensitive so I apologize in advance.
This is ok....kind of what i wanted too.:pop2:

If what you described is accurate about his upbringing, I'd guess he was coddled, lazy and had an entitlement complex. His expectations of life probably didn't match his reality. He probably thought: damn, this sucks ass; why can't life be the way I thought it would be? F-it! I'm out.

That's my guess.
this may be closer to the truth. I have not ‘known’ him the last 10yrs. When someone goes from pre-teen to adolescence....then to adulthood, they become totally different people.
He did have troubles/issues at a younger age...and yes he was probably coddled a little more because of this. It may have been part of it.
I grew up with my 1st cousins .....my dad and his brother was tight, so naturally i knew them well.
When we started having our own fams, we did close to the same until they got in HS and college . You kind of lose track...everyone has their own thing.
Thanks for your perspective and honesty. :)

That STINKS! An absolute waste!

Watch the documentary on Robin Williams brain illness Lewy body dementia
"Robins Wish" It has tons of humor, the guy was brilliant, fought it longer than is scientifically possible...it will break your heart... no cure...

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
:pray2:

Thank you sir.... i will check them out this afternoon.
Robin Williams is one of a kind. I always thought he would have to be nuts to come up with some of the stuff he comes up with ! Makes me LMAO :pound:

Sorry for your loss.

Diet. If someone has everything they need externally and are still hopeless, theyre diet is most likely to blame. A lot of chemical/hormonal imbalances come from our food. And vitamin/nutrient deficiencies come from a lack of good food.

This is excluding any spiritual needs which I believe also play a heavy hand.
Boom.. exactly what I was thinking..
Soy is a food filler.. think rice in Taco Bell bell burritos
Soy is like like nuclear waste to men.. it will drive men’s estrogen through the roof, which high estrogen will drive your testosterone way way down.. diet very well could cause chemical imbalance

Sorry for your loss.

Diet. If someone has everything they need externally and are still hopeless, theyre diet is most likely to blame. A lot of chemical/hormonal imbalances come from our food. And vitamin/nutrient deficiencies come from a lack of good food.

This is excluding any spiritual needs which I believe also play a heavy hand.
This is interesting perspective.... i havent thought this way until now. Thanks for the post :)

Back
Top Bottom