• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stupid question....

SafeCracka

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
341   0
Reaction score
I'll start with I carry (concealed) pretty much 99% of the time.... but sometimes while pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing over and around, it's not as concealed as it would normally be.

So the other day I was almost done getting this safe installed, when the customer came up to me and said "I don't care .... BUT .... did you know .... "LEGALLY" .... you would have to ask permission to carry a firearm in someones home." :confused2: sooooo for argument sake, I played dumb, apologized, thanked them for teachin' me somethin' new, got paid and moved on with my day. :thumb:

My question is, has anyone heard of any laws even remotely close to this????

they must be from a state where that may be the case? i don't know if there even is a state that has that law, but possible? :noidea:

and, as far as I know(disclaimer, I am not a lawyer) There is no duty to ask or inform if you are carrying in a private home, same as in a business they can ask you to leave

Agree.. At the GA Carry FAQ, it describes what locations we cannot carry in and it does specify that you can be requested to leave if you are carrying.... But there does not appear to be any requirement to inform or ask permission to carry in a location that is not specifically prohibited....

I am not a lawyer and do not pretend to be one on TV...

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

When ever anyone uses the term"legally" with me I ask where they they got their law degree from and how long since they passed the bar.

Agreed...but with customers it's more professional just to smile and charge them the higher end of the quote for being a jackass, LOL

Agree.. At the GA Carry FAQ, it describes what locations we cannot carry in and it does specify that you can be requested to leave if you are carrying.... But there does not appear to be any requirement to inform or ask permission to carry in a location that is not specifically prohibited....

I am not a lawyer and do not pretend to be one on TV...

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Ohhhhh I looked.... but I'm the product of a Broward County public edgaumcation....

Back
Top Bottom