Striper fishing the Etowah river

kc30121

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
76   1
Reaction score
anyone ever striper fish the etowah river much? I live in Cartersville and have a 14ft aluminum boat. I know where the boat launches are but I don't know where to fish(for striper) or what to use. I've talked to people that said there is some really good striper fishing in there. I grew up fishing rivers up in the Midwest for trout so I know about river fishing but striper fishing is something new to me.

Fish the "little dam" upstream of the Hwy 113 bridge. Be sure to call the Army Corp of Engineers for a generation schedule before you go. The water is much more turbulent when they generate. If you fish while they aren't generating, try pitching live shad into log jams at any location downstream of there. Chicken liver or cut shad will work too.

Fish the "little dam" upstream of the Hwy 113 bridge. Be sure to call the Army Corp of Engineers for a generation schedule before you go. The water is much more turbulent when they generate. If you fish while they aren't generating, try pitching live shad into log jams at any location downstream of there. Chicken liver or cut shad will work too.
And if they aren't generating water? What do I fish with then? I've been told big top water work so good too. This striper fishing is all new to this Midwest boy. Lol

And if they aren't generating water? What do I fish with then? I've been told big top water work so good too. This striper fishing is all new to this Midwest boy. Lol

If you fish while they aren't generating, try pitching live shad into log jams at any location downstream of there. Chicken liver or cut shad will work too.
^^^^^^This^^^^^^
Take a cast net and you may be able to catch a few shad. I've caught them immediately upstream of the 113 bridge on the left side as you travel upstream. There is a small canal that goes back into the woods. Throw there and in front of the rip rap just below the canal.
I'd go a few times while they aren't generating to learn the river a little. When they generate it's fairly dangerous, especially in a smaller boat. Many of the log jams will be submerged.

Back
Top Bottom