• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

String-a-longs

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
I was raised to be respectful of others and can't understand why people will start dialog to a classified asking question after question then stringing you along with an I'm very interested then nothing. Silence. Crickets...
Not even an "I've changed my mind"

Rant over.

I had one in the middle of a trade/buy working out the details via PM's, when no response for two days, then I saw he sold the weapon, but still never responded to me. He has a right to sell to whom ever he wishes, I have a right to put him on my Ignore list. Most on here are honorable, but it only takes a couple to leave a bad taste.. But I'm slowly wearing out the ignore button :thumb:

OTOH- You you respond with one word answers like, "yes", or "OK", etc. that sets a red flag off to the buyers that either; you're a dick and they don't want to deal with you. or, you're an antisocial creep and they don't want to deal with you.

YMMV.

Been noticing this a lot lately. Can't stand that ****. It's about respect and being a man of ur word. In my most recent, had an "I'll take it, text or call". We text. Then he can't make the first agreed time and place. I say, I'm available any day after 4 and all day on weekends, when is good for u? NOTHING.

OTOH- You you respond with one word answers like, "yes", or "OK", etc. that sets a red flag off to the buyers that either; you're a dick and they don't want to deal with you. or, you're an antisocial creep and they don't want to deal with you.

YMMV.

Yep...If I'm buying, I tend to force more of a response from those type replies.

Back
Top Bottom