• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Strange reply for a gun sell

Just had a fellow messege me saying he is interested In my gun but not comfortable sharing ID or personal info!
Guess he hasn't ever bought a gun before?
This ever happened to one of yall?

No go for me

PARANOID MUCH!!!! You can show a GA driver's license and put your thumb over your home address. If that's not good for somebody when buying a firearm that can possibly be traced to you if they use it in a crime, then there is no way I would ever consider selling to someone like that. I just usually look at the picture and the expiration date anyway and even if I see the name I can't remember it by the time I get in my car so still don't understand the paranoia!!

IMO - I have no desire to document someones information or ask for a BOS but, I am da** sure going to make certain that the person I am selling to at least displays a CCW permit or a GA DL...just a peek at the date to make certain that the ID is valid. CYA all day, every day!

Dairy_cows_on_pasture_in_Ireland.jpg

Reactions: JWC
Whenever I'm buying, I always present my carry permit so the seller knows I'm a resident and I meet the legal requirements to purchase/own a gun.

When I'm selling, the minimum I require is showing a Ga. drivers license.

I'll do a BOS if the information is very general: Name, serial #, phone number. There is zero chance you're getting my drivers license #, S.S. #, etc. In this age of identity theft, that simply ain't happening.

ill show someone my drivers license

but i wont let them take a picture or copy info down from it. no reason for that mess. hell, i just show them the carry conceal card

Back in February or March my wife and I were sitting on the side porch enjoying a fire and having a few drinks when I got a PM from a guy wanting to buy a gun I had listed. In his PM he said I'll be right over. Before I could answer his PM he sent me another PM that said don't bother I just bought one. First of all that concerned me and another thing was I was not going to me someone around 8 PM after having a few drinks and seeing that he had no previous trades and maybe 2-3 messages. Sounded kinda shady.

Back
Top Bottom