• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

stinky-bottoms non answer on atl homeless pop explosion

If you give homeless people stuff.....you just get more homeless people. I saw the same thing happened in San Francisco in the late 90s and early 2000s.

I remember about 20-30 years ago when the SF city council passed a law that every homeless person was entitled...at no cost....to a shopping cart from the local grocery store. Just go and take one, cost the stores several hundred $$$ each. Yeah, Frisco has been a liberal ****-hole since the hippy days of Haight-Asbury.

One of the reasons it's more visible is because DOT cleared away a lot of the 'jungle' that these folks were living on off the highway.

They clear cut the I-20 exit I take every day for work, and probably 20 homeless had converted the overgrown shrubs and kudzu into some kind of Vietnam-like tunnel system.

I'm always surprised when I seem them on the highways though. Those are illegal to walk on unless it's an emergency, so you would think the cops would just cart them off when they panhandle there. At least that gets them off the streets for a little while.

I'd really love to see one of these NGOs step up and buy some cheap farmland in Ohio or something and setup a huge shelter town there. One way bus service from all the major cities, plenty of beds, food and even medical help would be cheaper at a central location than having each region address it themselves.

5A276E8C-37FB-4973-81C2-D23A400B5D3E.jpeg

Flamethrower $3000
Napalm fuel $4 per gallon
Getting rid of disease, filth, garbage and saving taxpayer $$ Priceless

It seems to be cyclic around here. I’ve been here in the city proper for 15+ years not counting college and I can’t tell if it is getting worse, but it sure ain’t getting better. There is a tent city at Maynard Terrace and I-20 that I always see on my way to work. I-20 and 75/85 interchange always has encampments. The sheer amount of garbage these people create is astounding. They need to run them off, buy them bus tickets to CA for all I care.

Instead the mayor wants to put a moratorium on new building permits for the West side and force all landlords to accept federal housing vouchers. We almost had Norwood in the last election, but lost out with possibly shenanigans to blame.

I say we put in an express lane to permit apps and a round file for federal housing vouchers...

Not directly related but why do homeless people choose sh*tty places to be homeless? If it were me, I’d be chilling on a beach in Miami or somewhere, not sweating in Atlanta or freezing in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom