• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Costco is on a HOT seat in the Metro ATL area: Bad Gasoline!

I use to deliver fuel years ago for Fina. One of the first things that you are supposed to do is check the tank for water with a paste that detects water before you dump the fuel. If you detect above a certain amount you're supposed to pump it out. A as far as small no name stations their gas comes from the same place as everybody else's , except one week it might be Chevron then the next week Texaco and so on. It just a matter of has the cheapest gas that week they order gas.

I was running a set route every night for some time. Consistently the cheaper “points” brand of like ingles, Walmart, and Kroger got 1.5-2mpg less mileage than the name brand stations. I would assume it’s the same for Costco.

I also don’t trust the no name stations.

I did this for two years, same for my Suburban, Hemi Dakota, and a Ram 1500.
Not surprised, something to think about

I use to deliver fuel years ago for Fina. One of the first things that you are supposed to do is check the tank for water with a paste that detects water before you dump the fuel. If you detect above a certain amount you're supposed to pump it out. A as far as small no name stations their gas comes from the same place as everybody else's , except one week it might be Chevron then the next week Texaco and so on. It just a matter of has the cheapest gas that week they order gas.
Operative phrase, “years ago”

I was running a set route every night for some time. Consistently the cheaper “points” brand of like ingles, Walmart, and Kroger got 1.5-2mpg less mileage than the name brand stations. I would assume it’s the same for Costco.

I also don’t trust the no name stations.

I did this for two years, same for my Suburban, Hemi Dakota, and a Ram 1500.
Yep I only use Shell and Chevron.

They probably put Diesel in their gasoline powered cars.

3jkyzi.jpg

That's exactly what happened

Back
Top Bottom