• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

State Department invites Russia to put monitoring stations in the United States.

Why would the usa ever allow this? Nothing in it for us ,and according to the article would allow soviets to spy on us. stupid beyond belief.

The Russians been spying on us for decades

The fedgov even allowed the Russians to build their embassy on the tallest hill in DC so they could get better reception

Are we putting stations in Russia in return? Have we forgotten the new Moscow embassy debacle from the 80s?

This is real news, nothing "Area 51" about it.

While I disagree with allowing GLONASS monitoring stations here simply because it competes with commercial GPS products, having GLONASS and GPS combined on a work station beats the heck out of just GPS, used it many of times like allot of folks. Tons of private companies here in the US and abroad use GLONASS along side of GPS. In reality the guidance systems already in place by the US and Russia would pretty much put missiles on target anywhere in either country.

BUT it doesn't make sense to help them even more though. Sounds like the IC is going to hold this up and rightfully so.

I bet a 100 bucks these stations will be used for radio surveillance right in own country.

They are actually pretty simple little devices, we have them all over the place for GPS networks (tons around Georgia). They are not manned they transmit data, sounds like the intelligence community is shutting this down and most likely rightfully so. If for some reason they do allow it I'm betting our signal intell (NRO, NGA) guys will be all over it.

Back
Top Bottom