• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starting a AR10 build

Now here is a proper AR-10 barrel. Or AR/ LR 308 barrel is the correct terminology I reckon.
IMG_20240110_100633818.jpg
IMG_20240110_100626561.jpg

I still need a couple of items to complete my build like the BCG, buffer spring and buffer. I am going to south Carolina this weekend and will stop in a PSA store. Are their BCGs worth having?

I still need a couple of items to complete my build like the BCG, buffer spring and buffer. I am going to south Carolina this weekend and will stop in a PSA store. Are their BCGs worth having?
I was told that Toolcraft makes their BCG's but I am not sure of that. However, the very cheap PSA PA-10 I purchased for 565 plus tax and shipping shoots very well with the new BA barrel I swapped out the original with. Well under sub MOA with cheap ammo. Unless you are building a severe duty or long range precision weapon they will probably do the trick. I do know for 5.56 I bought a branded Toolcraft BCG from PSA for a song and a dance. The carrier was brilliant but the bolt had to much circular movement so I changed out the bolt with a Noveske 6.8spcll bolt with a wider bearing surface and it cleaned that up nicely and it's been a decent combo for 6.8spcll I put it in. Toolcraft just makes the carriers and I think they outsource their bolts. I believe, don't quote me on that.

I looked at their site for bolt carrier groups and most of them are sold out. They just have a couple that are the PA 10 bolt carrier groups.

I am hoping that the store has some. Going for a Glock match in Summerville SC. PSA has a store there. I like to stop and shop while I am in the area. I don't expect to catch any deals but will look around anyway.

I will sell you these for 25 shipped. The buffers usually go for 29 bucks and the spring is 19.00. I posted a link so you can read up on the spring. It's specifically designed for the AR-10. The shorter buffer stops it from slamming the rear of the buffer tube but with the stronger spring with help that too. It's all new parts.

Yeah I am needing a carbine buffer and spring. I have a buffer tube and stock. If I find a kit I may pick that up too.
Do yourself a favor and purchase a 5.4 or 5.6 oz. buffer or extra power spring. You will be wasting money if you don't. When I bought my cheap PSA PA 10 that thing like to beat my shoulder to death I shot it four times and put it away it was just too brutal. I swapped out the barrel to a ballistic Advantage I put an adjustable gas block A 5.6 Oz buffer and I bought the extra power orange spring but I didn't need it after I put that other stuff on it. If I wouldn't have the buffer I would have definitely needed the spring. AR 10's in 308 kick like a donkey. All of the rifles built there on the shelf and put together with parts are extremely over gassed. Send necessary measures have to be taken in order to sort that out.

I just dropped 300 on a handguard and another 85 on a Ambi charging handle. I ended up getting a SLR 14 inch Solo piece. Curtis from CTS tactical really hooked me up on the handguard. If need something shoot him a PM. Is is really a great guy and will works hard to get you a great deal. I appreciate that in a parts source. Don't do anything till you consult with him first. For me he is also a great source of info on the 6.8spcll. Probably the nicest vendor on here hands down. He hooked me up with the replacement barrel for the PSA PA-10 I bought just because it was dirt cheap. I got a Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrel I swapped out the original with. Man he saved me a ton of money on that.

Next is a Rubber City Armory BCG and a Superlative Arms adj gas block then I am done. It will fire after that. I will upgrade the muzzle brake and trigger but those can be added at my convenience since they're really not necessary to get it shooting. Another 300 bucks. I will have 1000 bucks in the barrel, BCG and handguard. This one got expensive fast. Jiminy Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom