• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starting a AR10 build

Found a BCG at PSA but not a single 308 buffer of any kind.
Yeah tell me about it. I looked for half a day until I ran into those on Wing Tactical. Like I said I have a 3.8 oz. ( I called PSA to get the weight ) short buffer with the extra power spring which which will probably yield the same results. If you want it, it's your. 25 shipped. It will cost probably close to 10 bucks to ship so I am not looking to make a load off of it. If it will help you out I will send them. The heavy buffer cost 45 bucks so you will probably save money. The whole idea is to slow the cyclic rate down and absorb rearward force so the spring should do the same thing.

Well, it's almost done. I bit the bullet and bought a reaction rod.
AERO upper and lower
Midwest Industry 15" handguard
PSA bcg
Magpul furniture
CMMG lpk
Radical Arms Flash hidder
Dreaded BCA 16" barrel

Attachments

• 20240211_130657.jpg
    20240211_130657.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240211_120158.jpg
    20240211_120158.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240211_120144.jpg
    20240211_120144.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 10
Well I have been hound dogging a Lantac enhanced BCG but I can't find one in stock anywhere and they are a projecting a 20 week backorder. So it looks like a Rubber City Armory for my new 308 build. It has a lifetime warranty as well and roughly the same price. It will be a couple weeks before I am ready to order but definitely not 20. I can see why they are on backorder, they look like a freaking piece of jewelry. However, looks don't count for much but that was my first choice.

View attachment 6847537

A standard carbine receiver extension is 7.125".

A .308/AR10 specific RE is 7.9375".

A standard rifle RE is 9.625".

When building an AR10:

1. DPMS .308 "shorty" buffer: use with a standard carbine receiver extension and spring

2. ArmaLite AR-10 carbine buffer: use with the .308/AR10 specific RE

3. AR-15 carbine buffer: use with the .308/AR10 specific RE

4. AR-15 rifle buffer

5. ArmaLite AR-10 rifle buffer: use with a standard rifle RE

For .308 rifles using a mid-length gas system and carbine RE, a buffer weight of 3.8 ounces to 5.5 ounces works best.

Would you guys happen to have a decent .308 complete lower build kit in stock? I still have one of the ODT anniversary .308 lowers that I’ve never built out. Maybe looking for an upper too if my wallet can stand it

Would you guys happen to have a decent .308 complete lower build kit in stock? I still have one of the ODT anniversary .308 lowers that I’ve never built out. Maybe looking for an upper too if my wallet can stand it

We just got a large order of AR parts in, and we're still going through it. I'll check tomorrow for that specific LPK.

We do have all the small parts in stock to build out an AR10 LPK, but they are ala carte.

Now that I have the rifle built, I need something to tote it to the range in. It will fit in my bag for my AR15 but the mags don't fit in the pouches. Any recommendations for a good range bag for an AR10?

I have a condor that I've had for years and I think I ordered it off of Amazon and it's got stretchy three stretchy pouches across the front that that probably a single AR-10 magazine. I also have a savior double rifle case that has two pouches on the front that will fit mags that just pick that up at a local gun shop I offered the guy a stupid price and he took it. I'll look on Amazon and see if I can't find the exact one and then I'll shoot you a reference.

You can read all about them here but you can get them on Amazon for $14 cheaper plus free shipping I would imagine if you have that prime account or whatever it is.

Back
Top Bottom