• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starting a AR10 build

IMG_4890.jpeg

+

IMG_4891.jpeg

You are no mechanic that's for sure. I have had instances where I have had to make my own variation of a tool to complete a job. It takes more than a forum junkie to do that. Just forget about it. You will hurt you brain if you think to hard. And on that note I'm out of here!

I went the Aero M5 route a few years ago, was not very pleased with their CS about accuracy issues and the fact their BA bbl's were (no idea if still) morbidly over gassed. I sold it and got an SR-25 and a Seekins SP10.

For what it is worth, the Seekins can be found for like $2400 and less (dealer cost is just under $2,200 as info), especially on places like Sniper Hide and is a much better platform than than Aero. Yes, they cost more, but are 100% ambi, have better barrels, warranty, MD's, rails, stock, etc.....than Aero. Also, the modern SP10s are SR25 pattern receivers versus DPMS stuff.
I know you have parts coming in, but if you run into issues with that Aero, I would suggest leaning towards Seekins.

They are the best value large frame guns on the market.

Not looking to spend a ton of money on this build. To be honest, this rifle will probably perform better than me. It will be basically for plinking and maybe a little hog hunting if I get the opportunity.
Total cost of the build will be in the $800 range. Upper and lower are basically Aero. Barrel is BCA I believe. I have a Timney trigger but haven't decided if I want to use it. Optics may be a Tasco but I also have an extra Eotech 5x25 that I could put on it. Still undecided.
Hope to complete it by the end of the month but not in any rush.

M
Not looking to spend a ton of money on this build. To be honest, this rifle will probably perform better than me. It will be basically for plinking and maybe a little hog hunting if I get the opportunity.
Total cost of the build will be in the $800 range. Upper and lower are basically Aero. Barrel is BCA I believe. I have a Timney trigger but haven't decided if I want to use it. Optics may be a Tasco but I also have an extra Eotech 5x25 that I could put on it. Still undecided.
I bought a cheap PSA only because the price was so cheap I just couldn't pass it up. I replaced the barrel with a 18 inch Ballistic Advantage barrel and it shoots around .688 with ammo pictured. I am building a AR-10 now with Aero Receivers but I am getting my barrel tomorrow. It supposed to show up then. I went with a Criterion 16 inch hybrid job. I am anxious in seeing how the Criterion stacks up against the Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile. It shoots around .688 with this ammo. 40 bucks for 40 rounds at Walmart. I haven't even run Federal Gold Medal Match through it yet.

IMG_20231016_055157115.jpg

Please throw that POS BCA barrel in the trash and stop supporting that company.

Back
Top Bottom