Spyderco or Cold Steel?

Spyderco. To hell with a cheap ass feeling WAY overpriced Benchmade or Cold Steel. If you want a GREAT all around daily carry knife my pick for best bang for the buck is a good CRKT.

Benchmades are cheap feeling and overpriced? Since when?

One of the best EDC knives around is a mini griptilian and it costs as much as a Spyderco Delica.

I had a army buddy who had a CRKT M16 knife, it didnt hold a edge for poop... He was allways asking me to sharpen it... I had a Chefs Choice 120 elc. knife sharpener at the time, and it took some time to get a decent edge on it w/ that...

I carry a camilus but I would defiantly put my life on cold steel. I have several cold steel things from knives to spears and machetes and they are very worthy

my EDC on any given day at any given moment
1) gerber multitool
2) camilus folder
3) folding box cutter (razor knife)
4) neck knife (from my "how to" tutorial in a thread on here somewhere)

yes, all of them all the time. A tool for each job. I never said I wasn't some kind of freak

Last edited:
I like Callimus and they were one of the companies looking at my knife, but turned it down, ( they were not pricks about it ) It was sad to see a USA brand knife like Callimus go under a loose all those jobs, I dont rember who bought the name and remainder stock...

As far as cold steel I talked to the prez. ( Lynn something) he liked it, but he didnt want to go into the multi-tool game. ( I thought thats fair enough...) I'll take the pepsi challange w/ one of my cold steel knives over a CRKT, or a Spiderco. ( I've seen a blue million Spiderco's break at the tip.) I like the benchmade knives as well and think of them as 2nd runner up to cold steel knives ( I dont like the tip down carry on most of the Benchmade knives, personal pref.) Now that I stirred the pot a little...

Back
Top Bottom