• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Soviets preparing for WWIII?

And what will US do? Russians have thousands of troops fighting in Ukraine, shoot down a passenger jet, and we send them a strongly worded letter. Between them and China, West and US are in a headlock and we are struggling to breath.
Sad but true. Obama has made us look weak. The Russians see this. I have never been more afraid for our future. You got Russian bombers entering our air space and Obama does nothing.

And what will US do? Russians have thousands of troops fighting in Ukraine, shoot down a passenger jet, and we send them a strongly worded letter. Between them and China, West and US are in a headlock and we are struggling to breath.
That's what happens when a country invades others under BS umbrellas....the other big boys retort with "we can flex our muscles as well"

Not gonna happen. See below.

Sad but true. Obama has made us look weak. The Russians see this. I have never been more afraid for our future. You got Russian bombers entering our air space and Obama does nothing.

IFIFY.

The probing flights are mostly just saber rattling, or "signalling" in diplomat speak. The real important thing is that he feels that they can push against him with limited repercussions. Sort of like being able to throw rocks or take something from a yard that has a chained up dog.

To be fair, its not entirely Obama's fault. The economy is weak, especially in Europe. Neither the US public nor the Europeans want any kind of war with Russia, not even a proxy one. So his hands are tied. But he certainly hasn't helped anything by not displaying any leadership or even... showing much interest in all of the various geo-political knives that are in the air at the moment....

Last edited:
This was occurring under Bush as well....Just saying.
Sr. or Jr? Sr.- yes, Jr.--not nearly as often.
I lived in AK at the time and any response from Elmendorf AFB usually made local news.
We also mothballed our bases in the Aleutians in the last 10 years, along with their advanced warning capabilities. Who needs that/sarcasm off.

Oh I agree. Which is still some BS. They are doing that to test our response time. Why do that? We all know why.

That orrrrrrrrrrrr the Russians could want us to get used to it. They want us to say "oh it's just saber rattling or response time testing" right as they launch the HEMP missile from the belly of that plane.

Back
Top Bottom