• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Soviet's color fill video!! How to color fill firearms!

Joined the forum after searching for different color fill methods. I saw so many great examples here that it made me decide to share my own. I used a slightly different method that the OP did. I cleaned the surfaces with alcohol prep=pads, then used nail polish to color in the engravings and non-acetone nail polish remover to clean the excess. Heres the results:

I did my Hi-Point 995 first, in case it turned out horrible (sorry about the blurring, but it turned out nicer than I thought for such thin engravings):
995detail1.JPG

Here's my old 1948 Beretta 418. It didn't turn out as nice because the engravings arent as deep and sharp as on modern guns:
418detail2.JPG

And the main reason I started this odyssey, my Glock 26:
g26detail1.JPGg26detail5.JPGg26detail6.JPG

I'm still debating on whether I should do my Taurus PT-111 or PT-99, and what color(s) to use if I do. The only issues I had was when I went too fast in the removal of the excess polish, and I didn't get a bright enough red. Overall I'm extremely happy with the results, and am glad that threads like this exist to show me how to do these things!

Joined the forum after searching for different color fill methods. I saw so many great examples here that it made me decide to share my own. I used a slightly different method that the OP did. I cleaned the surfaces with alcohol prep=pads, then used nail polish to color in the engravings and non-acetone nail polish remover to clean the excess. Heres the results:

good job but IDK if i would have painted that old Beretta...well no, i know i wouldnt. thats why we call them "ours" though. its fun to do and you done it good :) welcome to the ODT.

good job but IDK if i would have painted that old Beretta...well no, i know i wouldnt. thats why we call them "ours" though. its fun to do and you done it good :) welcome to the ODT.

Normally I'd agree with not messing with something that old, but the thing has significant wear on the other side of the slide and no longer has it's original magazine. It's barely in 'fair' condition, so it's not worth much (maybe $200, if that). Its been in my family since new, and I'd never ever sell it anyway, so I figured why not put some lipstick on it ;)

I think the color fill is a personal choice. it looks good on some, others not so much. My Taurus came factory with a fine gold color fill, it was showing some wear so I redid it thanks to Soviets video.
I just did a Springfield factory comp I picked up from a member, I think it look great, what do ya think fellas? Sweet or crappy?

i50.tinypic.com_1h420n.jpg

I think the color fill is a personal choice. it looks good on some, others not so much. My Taurus came factory with a fine gold color fill, it was showing some wear so I redid it thanks to Soviets video.
I just did a Springfield factory comp I picked up from a member, I think it look great, what do ya think fellas? Sweet or crappy?

Gold is one of the better colors IMO...Saddam and Ghaddafi could choose any color they wanted and they agreed with me, so...

i50.tinypic.com_1h420n.jpg
That looks factory! Great job. I'm impressed

First off great how-to-vid Soviet!!!!!! Decided to try it worst i could do is mess it up and then strip it off. Went slow and easy. Not hard at all like i thought it would be. Hope it measures up ok.

[Broken External Image]:

Don't hold back let me know if it's ok or should i try again.

Back
Top Bottom