• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Social distance project (Cabin #2).

I’m probably going to run a chain from the peened pins holding the hooks to the center chain for stability because it kinda wants to teeter like a scale does.
Or I could tack weld the center pivot to keep it from tilting .

Comanche Comanche - So, are you foaming insulating the ceiling? I mean, between the roof and board.... I my have some boards in my garage that will help ya...to finish ceiling

Thanks.
I want to but my Wife wants that part exposed , she likes it .
I’ll try to talk her out of it.
Haha.

The part your lamps are hanging on is called a Doubletree... Hooks to the front of an old style horse drawn wagon...Allows you to put a team of 2 horses in front of the wagon...

I believe you're correct. I think we called it a double tree but both are correct. In the past it was easy to find those laying in barns everywhere, to bad we didn't pick up all of them we could have.

I know man....my father in law has a 200 year old barn in Pennsylvania built by the Dutch.
It’s full of that stuff.

Barn is impressive, piled stone foundation and giant Pegged Beams that will never give way if it’s roofed.
We redid the roof twice and siding once since 1987.

Ufortunately he will never let any of that stuff go and will give it to his brain dead druggie Sons when he passes and it will be squandered or sold for drugs in no time.
The gold thing about those holes is you can make them pretty easily out of wood and hardware with some ingenuity to make it appear antique.
This one is all steel so probably not too old.

I know man....my father in law has a 200 year old barn in Pennsylvania built by the Dutch.
It’s full of that stuff.

Barn is impressive, piled stone foundation and giant Pegged Beams that will never give way if it’s roofed.
We redid the roof twice and siding once since 1987.

Ufortunately he will never let any of that stuff go and will give it to his brain dead druggie Sons when he passes and it will be squandered or sold for drugs in no time.
The gold thing about those holes is you can make them pretty easily out of wood and hardware with some ingenuity to make it appear antique.
This one is all steel so probably not too old.
Sad to see stuff wasted

962CB3DB-C6E4-4A27-9BB1-AFD8D75C9E5A.jpeg
Added a couple chains on the sides to keep it from teetering like a scale.
Much mo better now.

Now I gotta find something to replace that crappy carabiner.

Probably gonna paint a screw link black and use that.

Back
Top Bottom