• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Social distance project (Cabin #2).

Very nice work! Impressed. Can't think of a better way to spend your rec time.

Thanks man.
Me neither....keeps me out of trouble and Wifey is happy things are coming along.
I have two more cabins to restore.
One is 20’X24’ workshop I gutted.....it’s a nice cabin.
Will make a killer bunkhouse and there’s enough room for a pot belly stove in the middle.

Then the big cabin is a two bedroom , living room, kitchen with stand up block basement , dirt floor basement.
It’s got flooded and the floor joists are shot.
I already gutted the inside but I’m probably gonna strip it to the sticks and turn it into an openness air pavillion.
I’ll replace the stick frame with large timbers and build a really cool pizza oven, cookhouse in the center.
The whole complex is gonna be off grid so will be cool for hunting campers, red neck weddings , gatherings.
I’ve got the first little cabin ready for small camping parties .

Thanks man.
Me neither....keeps me out of trouble and Wifey is happy things are coming along.
I have two more cabins to restore.
One is 20’X24’ workshop I gutted.....it’s a nice cabin.
Will make a killer bunkhouse and there’s enough room for a pot belly stove in the middle.

Then the big cabin is a two bedroom , living room, kitchen with stand up block basement , dirt floor basement.
It’s got flooded and the floor joists are shot.
I already gutted the inside but I’m probably gonna strip it to the sticks and turn it into an openness air pavillion.
I’ll replace the stick frame with large timbers and build a really cool pizza oven, cookhouse in the center.
The whole complex is gonna be off grid so will be cool for hunting campers, red neck weddings , gatherings.
I’ve got the first little cabin ready for small camping parties .
Can't wait to see the pics!
So what's the story on this stuff? Is it land you own with pre-existing structures?

Can't wait to see the pics!
So what's the story on this stuff? Is it land you own with pre-existing structures?

Yes...It’s a 4 acre spread with a cabin near the creek then one more up the hill then the main house cabin on top of the hill with another large cabin above that which backs right up the the national forest.
It’s sick dude....my dream property.
All the buildings were shot/ neglected but fixable unfortunately the main house cabin is a total basket case with major damage from flooding, has mold, critters and lots of structural damage but the small cabins have good bones or can be easily resticked, skinned and finished out.
Pretty much a carpenters dream or a wanna be like myself...lol.

Back
Top Bottom