• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

so while fishing yesterday, some jack wagon stole my week old tag off my boat trailer

id love to see someone steal mine. it took me 30 min just to get it on and you gotta have the right wrench to get to the nuts haha

Thats not near as bad as some clown stole the hitches out of the receivers off of 10 trucks at the boat landing about a month ago!

Yeah, my hitch is locked on. Somebody was telling me that they had their trailer stolen last year. I think I am going to have to get a hitch lock to lock the trailer onto the truck as well. I can't imagine getting back to the ramp and finding your trailer gone.

Yeah, my hitch is locked on. Somebody was telling me that they had their trailer stolen last year. I think I am going to have to get a hitch lock to lock the trailer onto the truck as well. I can't imagine getting back to the ramp and finding your trailer gone.

Luckily I keep my hitch as well as trailer locked, there was some mad S.O.B's at the landing that day!!

Thats not near as bad as some clown stole the hitches out of the receivers off of 10 trucks at the boat landing about a month ago!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^could have been easily prevented with locking hitch pins. A match keyed set of hitch pin and trailer coupler pin is money well spent.

FWIW....try safety wiring the tag bolts. Its a small deterent but it may just be enough for some moron to give up and go elsewhere.
A determined theif with enough time will usually win though! Low life scum.....

I use the screws that take a special wrench on all my plates which are too much work for the losers, at least so far.
Heck even an allen wrench head screw might be enough, those dudes are lazy.

i had a problem with people trying to rip my novelty plate off the front of my truck, and bent it all up. living where i live, i get called a racist, ignorant cracker, slave driver, honky, and other racist remarks. i have one of the old georgia flag novelty plates on the front of my truck. after the 5th time in 2 weeks of coming out of my house in the morning and finding that some sorry POS tried to rip it off and bent it all up, i took it off, sharpened the edges of it razor sharp, and put it back on. it has only been bent one time since then, which was 2 days after i sharpened it. no-one has touched it again the last month and a half.

I replaced the plastic tag bracket with a metal one and riveted the tag on with some high strength stainless steel rivets. When I sold the jet ski, it took us a while to get the tag off with a drill. Nobody was gonna yank that tag off there.

I can't believe there are still people without hitch locks these days. They are cheap and can be bought at many places.

Only problem I've ever had at a boat ramp was with some idiot fishermen who didn't like us putting our jetskis in at the ramp he was using. After a few hour ride, we came back to find our trailer tires slashed. What a nice guy.

i had a problem with people trying to rip my novelty plate off the front of my truck, and bent it all up. living where i live, i get called a racist, ignorant cracker, slave driver, honky, and other racist remarks. i have one of the old georgia flag novelty plates on the front of my truck. after the 5th time in 2 weeks of coming out of my house in the morning and finding that some sorry POS tried to rip it off and bent it all up, i took it off, sharpened the edges of it razor sharp, and put it back on. it has only been bent one time since then, which was 2 days after i sharpened it. no-one has touched it again the last month and a half.

haha love it.

Back
Top Bottom