• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So the AK-47 is pre-historic and outdated for battle?

Not in the weapons natural state of function, you won't. If you think you can, my range is always open. Just say when.

When is the AR going to be subjected to a tablespoon of dirt to the short and curlies during natural state of function?

I honestly would love to visit the range. Dalton is a bit far though. This is non argumentative because I HAVE read some other threads where you have great advice and know that I could learn a lot from someone who has probably forgotten more about firearms than I will ever be able to learn. I have no problem being humble.

When is the AR going to be subjected to a tablespoon of dirt to the short and curlies during natural state of function?

When is someone going to pour a 50lb bag of sand over an AK with the safety lever off? It was a TEST. In other words, we wanted to see just what would happen.

But to answer your question. You insert a loaded mag, chamber and shoot an AR15 until it is empty (bolt locks back). You re-insert a new mag and the bolt is still locked back. You drop the weapon (or your ass gets taken out and someone else comes along to pickup the weapon) and dirt gets into the chamber and voila...........it's on video.

When is someone going to pour a 50lb bag of sand over an AK with the safety lever off? It was a TEST. In other words, we wanted to see just what would happen.

But to answer your question. You insert a loaded mag, chamber and shoot an AR15 until it is empty (bolt locks back). You re-insert a new mag and the bolt is still locked back. You drop the weapon (or your ass gets taken out and someone else comes along to pickup the weapon) and dirt gets into the chamber and voila...........it's on video.
If I have been taken out I no longer care how my weapon functions

I see the problem here. Separation from weapon. Someone could play a mean joke and just give you an empty mag....oh the evilness.

When is anyone on here going to realize that everyone is going to shoot what they like regardless. I have both, but prefer the AR. I don't dislike my AK, just not as fun to shoot to me as an AR.

Lets be real though, the first time 80-90% of us have a bullet zip by our head. Who gives a **** what you have as long as it has ammo. No one is going to post up to carefully sight in a target at 200-300-400 etc yards anyway. You are going shoot in the direction the crap is coming from until you hit them or get the hell out of there.

Any other scenario, use a pistol or long range rifle(not an AK or AR)

Last edited by a moderator:
When is anyone on here going to realize that everyone is going to shoot what they like regardless. I have both, but prefer the AR. I don't dislike my AK, just not as fun to shoot to me as an AR.

Lets be real though, the first time 80-90% of us have a bullet zip by our head. Who gives a sh*t what you have as long as it has ammo and functions properly. No one is going to post up to carefully sight in a target at 200-300-400 etc yards anyway. You are going shoot in the direction the crap is coming from until you hit them or get the hell out of there.

Any other scenario, use a pistol or long range rifle(not an AK or AR)

FTFY

Back
Top Bottom