• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So...I went to Glock yesterday...

Been there 5 times. Everytime they do something for me out of their way. Im gonna buy more....

Yep, swapping out 10 rd mags. freebies, awesome service...they ALWAYS treat you right.

Well that tears it! AS soon as funds become available I'm buying a Glock! Now if only I can decide on what caliber and model? I've never heard of a manufacturer treat people as well as reported in these forums. Glocks have never felt 'natural' to me and don't point as well as my 1911 trained hands would like, but hey a real shooter picks up whatever is loaded and goes to work right?

Hey, a little food for thought. If you buy a glock in 40S&W or .357 Sig, you can get conversion barrels for the other AND 9MM(need 9MM mags for that though) Of if you get a Glock in 45ACP you can get conversion barrel/mags and shoot 10MM. Also, the sub-compacts can use the mags from all sizes and the comacts can use mags from compact and longer.

For instance a Glock 27 can shoot 40S&W with 9, 10, 13, 15 and 30 round magazines (not counting plus 1 or plus 2 mag extensions.

Same gun with a change of barrel can use the same mags and shoot .357 Sig.

Same gun with a 9MM barrel can shoot 9MM from 10, 11, 15, 17 & 33 round mags (not counting plus 1 or plus 2 mag extensions).

I finally made it to Glock! Great first impression with the guards, really nice guys and very helpful to guests. I walked in with my 17L and 36 in hand and met with the armorers (one looked like he was brand new there, kind of shadowed the other guy). I told them I wanted night sights on the 36 and asked if they'd install the Dawson adjustable rear and Dawson front on my 17L. He said since they aren't their sights he would do the install but couldn't promise anything (good enough, they're adjustable anyways). So after sitting in the room for about 20 minutes the main guy came out and said "I have some bad news"...huh? OK. He starts apologizing and explains to me that the rookie had dinged the slide on my 36. He showed it to me, apologizing again and tells me that they're replacing the entire gun with a new one and he read the serial on mine and saw it's brand new (fired 18 times) so he hopes that's alright with me. He also tells me that they're NOT charging me for the night sights and he's throwing in 2 new mags along with the new gun. OK, that works, only thing different is the color filling is gone.

While waiting for the guns to return I meet someone that came in with their gun to be worked on, rwjeter, (a member here, go figure, lol) and we talk guns, great guy. About 30 minutes later the armorer and another armorer (not the new guy) come out with the guns. He shows me the new 36, looks great, new sights, new mags, cool. He hands me the 17L and the first thing I ask is "you didn't touch the internals did you?", answer "no, not at all", ok good, this is my GSSF gun and it's all geeked out with the 3.6lb pull. He then tells me he test fired it and raved at the trigger and how smooth it is (thanks, did it myself!). Dawson sights look great on the 17L, he hands me a hat and a lanyard and I'm out the door.

So basically my experience at Glock was absolutely great. Their service, as everyone has said before, is totally top notch, a really great group of people working there. It was totally worth the drive especially with the free sights, 2 free mags and the swag. I'll be back with my 17RTF2 and maybe the 19 as well. If you're wondering about going there definitely do so!

Glad to hear that they took care of you. I had the night-marish ambi safety trouble with my 21sf and they replaced the entire frame without question. Great guns, excellent CS, and they take care of their patrons.

Yeah I tried getting them to change the sites on an old taurus, they looked at me kinda funny.

HA HA HA HA HA - Customer Service is the name of the game - once you buy a product (any product) CS is what keeps you satisfied. One good experience is worht 3 sales but 1 bad experience is worth 10 no-sales - Marketing 101

Yep, swapping out 10 rd mags. freebies, awesome service...they ALWAYS treat you right.

Hey, a little food for thought. If you buy a glock in 40S&W or .357 Sig, you can get conversion barrels for the other AND 9MM(need 9MM mags for that though) Of if you get a Glock in 45ACP you can get conversion barrel/mags and shoot 10MM. Also, the sub-compacts can use the mags from all sizes and the comacts can use mags from compact and longer.

For instance a Glock 27 can shoot 40S&W with 9, 10, 13, 15 and 30 round magazines (not counting plus 1 or plus 2 mag extensions.

Same gun with a change of barrel can use the same mags and shoot .357 Sig.

Same gun with a 9MM barrel can shoot 9MM from 10, 11, 15, 17 & 33 round mags (not counting plus 1 or plus 2 mag extensions).
Now you have my mind racing! This is exactly what I am looking for. Practicality and reliability. Something I can switch out barrels and use up whatever ammo I have around.
Any experience with the Carbine conversions? Seems like a .357 sig with a carbine length barrel would be badass.
I saw a compact 10mm (can't remember what model) at a local shop for $450 and have been considering it since the knockdown of a 10mm makes it a great carry piece, but I worry about the recoil from such a small frame and how affected my second hit would be.
I feel like I'm highjacking a thread here so I will begin another when I narrow down some Glocks and get some advice. Thanks for all the info. So glad I joined this site!

Yeah I tried getting them to change the sites on an old taurus, they looked at me kinda funny.

So that was you they were throwing in the PoPo car the other day when I was coming back from lunch. HAHAHAHAHAHA
rofl3.gif

Back
Top Bottom