• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So...I went to Glock yesterday...

Goldie

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
23   0
Reaction score
I finally made it to Glock! Great first impression with the guards, really nice guys and very helpful to guests. I walked in with my 17L and 36 in hand and met with the armorers (one looked like he was brand new there, kind of shadowed the other guy). I told them I wanted night sights on the 36 and asked if they'd install the Dawson adjustable rear and Dawson front on my 17L. He said since they aren't their sights he would do the install but couldn't promise anything (good enough, they're adjustable anyways). So after sitting in the room for about 20 minutes the main guy came out and said "I have some bad news"...huh? OK. He starts apologizing and explains to me that the rookie had dinged the slide on my 36. He showed it to me, apologizing again and tells me that they're replacing the entire gun with a new one and he read the serial on mine and saw it's brand new (fired 18 times) so he hopes that's alright with me. He also tells me that they're NOT charging me for the night sights and he's throwing in 2 new mags along with the new gun. OK, that works, only thing different is the color filling is gone.

While waiting for the guns to return I meet someone that came in with their gun to be worked on, rwjeter, (a member here, go figure, lol) and we talk guns, great guy. About 30 minutes later the armorer and another armorer (not the new guy) come out with the guns. He shows me the new 36, looks great, new sights, new mags, cool. He hands me the 17L and the first thing I ask is "you didn't touch the internals did you?", answer "no, not at all", ok good, this is my GSSF gun and it's all geeked out with the 3.6lb pull. He then tells me he test fired it and raved at the trigger and how smooth it is (thanks, did it myself!). Dawson sights look great on the 17L, he hands me a hat and a lanyard and I'm out the door.

So basically my experience at Glock was absolutely great. Their service, as everyone has said before, is totally top notch, a really great group of people working there. It was totally worth the drive especially with the free sights, 2 free mags and the swag. I'll be back with my 17RTF2 and maybe the 19 as well. If you're wondering about going there definitely do so!

Yup they are pretty awesome up there.....they always tell me the same thing when I head up there, "man, you gotta shoot these guys more!", my response always being,"sure, buy me some ammo!!" haha. Glad, everything worked out for ya!

Yup they are pretty awesome up there.....they always tell me the same thing when I head up there, "man, you gotta shoot these guys more!", my response always being,"sure, buy me some ammo!!" haha. Glad, everything worked out for ya!

Maybe they should give out ammo instead of hats, lol...that would be great.

So they replaced the whole slide or whole gun?

The whole gun, new box, mags, everything. Which was fine, I just got the 36 week before last, fire date of March 2012 so it was just off the press. Couldn't believe he dinged it though, lol, looks like he did it with the punch when he was setting the rear sight.

Only thing different is it went from a Blue label box to a White label box.

Nice visit! Nothing like Glock service is there? Glad to hear they took care of you(not that I ever had any doubt).

Back
Top Bottom